Sign in button Grayed out 13.2.5287

leoriosan
leoriosan Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

The signin button is grayed out.  I have tried everything.  Restarting the service, uninstalling, reboot, installing, reboot.  I can't sign in at all.  They only thing I could find was a post from 7 months ago regarding an older version, and that issue was solved by a reboot.  Not so with my issue.  Help!

Comments

• robkarp
    robkarp Posts: 1

having the exact same problem...

• doc1
    doc1 Posts: 1

Have the same problem

• NightFox
    NightFox Posts: 4

The gray out sign in button my be a resulte from the large about of people trying to login to their accounts. The login servers with the SSL connection that is need to translated to the servers behind them is being pushed to the max. Give it a few mins to reconnect.. think of it this way..

There are a lot of poeple trying to get into a door for a events. every buddy is pushing to geting to it. How many people can actually get into the door.. 2 at a time.. so even though you have 100 people trying to get it at the same time only 2 can get in at any give moment.

• naughtyMonkey
    naughtyMonkey Posts: 1

They're changing the IDs so it's gonna take a while....
    I wouldn't hold my breath:smileywink:

• Have the same problem.

But in my case, it's when I start a Hyper-V machine on the same computer. If I don't start a Hyper-V machine, I can log-in.

To Stop the vmms service (hyper-V service) is not a solution and restarted the computer too. The problem is the same.

• My sign in has been greyed out on this computer for a number of weeks now. My other computer can sign in to my account without any problem. I've tried reinstalling TV on this computer, still no joy. It's certainly not a "too many users" problem.

• Thanks a lot, @DSperber!!!! This solved my problem:

rm ~/.config/teamviewer/client.conf
  • Thanks so much! This worked prefectly! :smileyhappy:

•  have a mac and that folder doesn't even exist - any other ideas?

• Search your computer for client.conf and delete it.

• Worked for me. Removing the file re-enabled the Computers & Contacts window on my CentOS.

Apparently, the only thing affected is the removal of the computer (I am on) from my contact list.
  • DanZ
    DanZ Posts: 4

one would home that the TeamViewer engineers would go back into discussion-mode to decide if what they have recently changed is (a) really justified, and/or (b) what can they do to fix

Honestly, I think they are **bleep** that they managed to **bleep** it up and it's been months that it's broken. Company is probably in failing mode where there are no good engineers left, or no engineers at all to take care of the issue. Otherwise I cannot beleive that they themselves do not see the same **bleep** problem. I'm sure they use HyperV and it's impossible to not see the huge bug.

• Kimon
    Kimon Posts: 1

I have the same issue in 14.0.8346 running on Ubuntu 18.04. On Windows 10 and Android I can connect to the same computer just fine.

• ss_fceo
    ss_fceo Posts: 1

It's 25.03.2019, and the issue is still here. I'm a Windows user with TeamViewer v13 (licensed), my "sign in" button has been grayed out for weeks now.

Ps. client.conf file is nowhere to be found on my Windows machine, i guess it's exclusive for linux users.

• s0undb0y
    s0undb0y Posts: 5 ✭✭

It's 2021 and the issue persists without a dependable fix anywhere I can find.

Version 15.18.5 

macOS 10.15.7