TV 11.0.76421 Meeting No Audio

HGE-IT-Matt
HGE-IT-Matt Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Purchased Corporate license last year and have been very happy with everything so far.

We had a corporate wide TeamViewer meeting held last year, in May, where all branches were able to connect and each branch was able to take control to present annual reports. I was told everything worked perfectly and there were many compliments on the implementation of TeamViewer.

We are preparing for another annual all-hands meeting, and as we are preparing, we discover NOBODY can share system audio between computers.

We can hear the presenter speaking through their microphone but when they begin a video, there is no audio.

We spent 2 days troubleshooting this, thinking it was some kind of massive user error on our part, but this seems to be a software issue with TeamViewer itself.

Here are the result we have compiled so far. We have tried on multiple computers using different makes, models, and hardware configurations, but they all have the same results. We let each computer take a turn to be a presenter and a participant to get the best spectrum of analysis, but there does not appear to be a hardware issue as we had a mix a laptops, desktops, and smartphones, using HP, Dell, Asus, Toshiba, Acer, and Lenovo devices for presenting and iPhones and Android devices (Samsung and HTC) among the participants.

***Presenter is a Windows 7 Professional x64 using microphone and Youtube video.***

Windows 7 participants can see video, can hear presenter but NO audio from the video

Windows 10 participants can see video, can hear presenter but NO audio from the video

Android participants can see video, can hear presenter and audio from the video

iPhone participants can see video, can hear presenter and audio from the video

Mac participant was distracted by something shiny and provided no feedback.

***Presenter is a Windows 10 Professional x64 using microphone and Youtube video.***

Windows 7 participants can see video, can hear presenter but NO audio from the video

Windows 10 participants can see video, can hear presenter but NO audio from the video

Android participants can see video, can hear presenter and audio from the video

iPhone participants can see video, can hear presenter and audio from the video

Mac participant went to hang out at a coffee shop and provided no useful feedback.

So it seems that the system audio is being streamed from Windows presenters, but only the smartphone participants can hear it. I am seeing there are posts about the same issues in TV12, so it must be a known issue, so upgrading can't be the answer.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi

Has this been resolved? Im evaluating Team Viewer and I got this problem.

If this isnt reolved I cant use it.

Stephen

• Tested a few weeks back and there is still no solution.

When I was testing this in v11 it was not solved in v11 or v12, and now we are being prompted to upgrade to a whole new version with no answer as to whether this problem was solved in v12 or v13.

I'm willing to upgrade as long as the upgrade is a significant improvement. So far, the features being offered do not balance out the fact that my presenters can't stream audio to the attendees.