TV 14 on PC allows LAN only WITH wifi internet OK

Phlyer
Phlyer Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Have installed TV 14 today on a replacement Win 10 PC for my father in Law whilst i service his regular PC.  TV14 only gives a LAN IP as address, (with the LAN only connections available) and refuses to uplink to the internet via the wifi router, and thus remains uncontactable despite the internet connected & working.  TV also refuses to accept my management ID login as (i guess) it thinks its not connected to the internet, so i cant even complete the TV configuration.   TV works IF i connect via my smartphone whilst using the same wifi node.  

I have had this same LAN only issue with my Lappy or phone when im away using hotel wifis on several incantations of TV over recent years.  Never really got an answer to it.  On my phone i can switch to the OEM browser which isnt as fussy, but Chrome and FFX frequently refuse to connect citing  'hacker security' but without a JFDI anyway option.  The Lappy issue, ive not resolved and when it happens now I just turn the thing off as i have wasted so many hours over the years trying.    Never had a home PC on a home network display the same LAN IP issues before.  

Any words of wisdom other than switch it off and reinstall it are welcome.

This is frustrating as I cant even begin to tweak without loading all my kit into the car and going round.  ive spent 4 hours today and all ive managed to do is sort out the email / facebook for him.  the rest I  was going to do tonight but it looks now as though tomorrow ill have to go back swop the PC about and do what I need to do with the PC in situ rather than on my bench.  

Tagged: