TV Host 13.2.5287 installation does not import configuration

Craal
Craal Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello,

we have weird problem with the deployement of the lastest TV Host version - 13.2.5287. We are using exported TeamViewer_Settings.reg from previous deployments of various 13.x versions and it looks like that new MSI installer completelly ignores this configuration file and it always installs TV Host with the default configuration (i.e. not accepting LAN connection, not allowing Windows logon, wihtout presonal password...)

Older versions of TV Host (i.e. 13.1.3629) were always installed without problem with correct configuration.

Additionally, this applies only to TV Host 13.2.5287 while TV Guest in same version 13.2.5287 works with its own configuration file TeamViewer_Settings.reg (also taken from previous deployments of TV 13.x) without single problem...

Is there a bug in new TV Host MSI installer?

Best Answer

Answers

• KamilB1
    KamilB1 Posts: 3

Try use this script

Regedit.exe /s "path to settings file"\TeamViewer_Settings.reg
    net stop "TeamViewer 13"
    net start "TeamViewer 13"

i deploy it uing bat file to install TV host ad always import settings

• Craal
    Hi KamilB1,

yep, thanks for tip :) - this could be definitely used as the workaround, it would require two different REG files though.
    On 64bit OS configuration info needs go to HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\TeamViewer key, while the original REG file exported on the same 64bit PC points directly to HKLM\Software\TeamViewer, which is in this way usable only on 32bit OS.

But anyway, I would rather have TeamViewer to fix this in general, because unless I missed something in the new version, the way we are installing it is the one described in the official silent installation instructions made by them, so I would expect that it would be functional.

Once again thanks, I will keep this in mind if TeamViewer will not fix it in reasonable time (which would be shame).

Btw. I see the difference in the TV Host dialog for Export now - there is no option for exporting Personal password in TV Host 13.2.5287, (there is "Present new windows" instead) and also Check for new versions and Automatic installation of new versions located in Advanced options section are now inaccessible (grayed out)...

I assume that they have changed something (most likely unintentionally) and it was not deeply tested afterwards.
  • Craal

Well, I found that there is a new version (13.2.14327) available for download. I was hoping that it included fix for TV Host and I gave it a try just few minutes ago. Unfortunatelly nothing has changed and TeamViewer_Settings.reg file is still being ignored by MSI installer.

I also tried one more thing to be sure that everything is made corrctly - I didn't use TeamViewer_Settings.reg from previous version of TV Host, instead I configured TV Host again from scratch and then exported the file again. I did it for both 13.2 based builds of TV Host, but again, no luck...

Btw. section "Present new windows" in export dialog is still there in the new build, but it is apparently only bad label and it corectly exports hashed Personal password to reg file...

I'll keep waiting for some good news...

• Craal
    Hi Scotty,

Indeed it did answer my question and more importantly it gave me WORKING solution :)

Thanks a lot for pointing me to that article. I was not aware of that new requirement nor the existence of this article. I always used instructions from PDF file bundled with MSI installers in downloaded zip file and these seems to be a little outdated now...

Once again thanks, I am happy man now :)
  • Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Yes, you are right.

The manual is no longer correct and is only correct for the previous version.
    Development is aware of this and they are writing up new manuals, but we made the article to explain it for now and we are trying to direct everyone in the community there.

Sorry for the hassle.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Chr
    Chr Posts: 8 ✭✭

So Teamviewer has made it impossible to use GPO for installation with automatic settings!? - why are you making things diffcult for sysadmins for?