TeamViewer 13 has black screen remoting into a Mac

Tgreene
Tgreene Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello all. First off, I religiously use this product, and it has saved me many trips going to other computers. I recently found out about LAN connections and it has saved me on bandwidth.

However, I ran into an issue recently. About a week ago, I was using my Windows 10 (v1803) machine to remote into a MacBook Pro (10.13.6). Everything was working just fine. Since my MacBook is in my work office, I keep it locked for obvious reasons. The next day, I remote in and all I get is a black screen. Before I could remote in, see the login screen and enter my password. But now I can't. However, I can see the remote cursor. I've updated both clients to the latest version (13.2.5321 on MAC & 13.2.5287 on Windows).

I am able to remote in from my Mac to Windows machines just fine. Here is the tricky part. If I remote in from my Windows to Mac, I get the black screen. However, if I remote from my Android to my Mac, I am able to type in the password, and then on my Windows machine, I can see my Mac desktop. It seems there is a bug with the lock screen going from Windows to Mac.

I know I am all over the place, and if there is any clarification needed, let me know.

Answers