Posted by Tompo974
Henagon

TeamViewer 13 login problems

Hi! Im using TW13, after log in, a few hours later drop me out and cant log back. Need to restart the TW, after i can log in. But its doing constantly. Remowed, reinstalled, but same problem. Anyone meet same issue or has some advice?

4 Replies
Posted by DSperber
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer 13 login problems

Do you use VM sessions, or Remote Desktop RDP connections, or Win7 HTPC Windows Media Center and WMC extenders (which actually run as RDP sessions)?

If so, this is what seems to be responsible for the disappearance of the Computers and Contacts GUI window, specififically no password shown and the SIGNIN button grayed out if you try to enter a password (which you can't actually do).  The "disappearance" of current team members in this window happens instantly, if a VM or RDP session is started.

As soon as you terminate the VM sessions or end all RDP connections, the Computers and Contacts GUI window will once again return to "usable" and you will once again be able to enter your userid and password and push the SIGNIN button, and your team member list will once again reappear.  And you will then be able to connect to one or more team members.

But if you then start a VM session or get an RDP connection going, the Computers and Contacts window will once again become blank and unusable, although any currently active Team Viewer sessions will remain still active and still usable (as long as you don't X them out).

Seems to be some recent "innovation" from the Team Viewer engineers, for some unknown reason.  Seems like a major defect to me.

Posted by Tompo974
Henagon

Thx! Im using RDP to connect this computer. Ive tryed if not using RDP, aftert 6-7 hour still kick me out and cant login, until restart TW.

Yes its a major defect for me too, thinking to change other program, because i need RDP.

Thx for quick answer, hope they fix it

Highlighted
Posted by DSperber
Trigon

Are you a paid-license user?  Or are you a free-for-personal-use user as I am?

I would submit an official ticket to them but there is no support or ability to submit tickets for the free produc t. Only licensed users can get support and report problems.

So if you do have a license, will you please submit a ticket reporting this major defect? Otherwise, I guess we'll just have to wait and pray that somebody else rattles their cage to this issue and they finally address it and correct it.  Lots of affected users, based on threads posted in this forum.

1 Reply
Posted by Tompo974
Henagon

ive started a ticket, lets see what happen.