TeamViewer 14 remote update problem

anders1
anders1 Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello

I recently updated my Tw to version 14. After the upgrade I noticed that the remote clients that I have at the other end of the country will NOT update threw the client anymore as it has been in the past. This means that I can't connect to the remote computers at all anymore nor upate them either. Please help me out?

-Flax-

Tagged:

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,584 Moderator

Hi @anders1 ,

Thankyou for your post.

As TeamViewer lastest version can always remote connect to equal or lower version of TeamViewer. Kindly check for supported operating system information and the internet settings on both sides of connection if you are experincing any connectivity issue.

Regards
    Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • anders1

Hello agian

No it doesn't. I get the following error message:

The remote Teamviewer is running and old version witch is out of date. Therefor you cannot connecto to this version anymore. Your connection partner can update TeamViewer by clicking "help". Check for new version. Then I click the button "learn how" it says reason unknown.

I can't attach a picture to this message. But that is what is says

• Ying_Q

Hi @anders1 

Can you kindly provide the information of operating system and TeamViewer version from your both devices please. 

Also, what is the Learn Now button from TeamViewer application? Can you kindly provide additional information on it please.

Regards

Ying_Q

• anders1

My version: TV:14.3.4730 windows 10 pro EN
    Remote computer: TV: 11.0.65452 windows 10 pro EN

• RonR
    RonR Posts: 1

It seems there was narrow window in which to update remotely. Now that window is closed and you can no longer connect with older versions of Teamviewer

• Ying_Q

Hi @anders1 

We encourage all the users to enjoy using the best version of TeamViewer we made so far! - How to proceed?

Feel free to visit the page and update your TeamViewer to the latest version for both sides of connections.

Regards

Ying_Q

• anders1

This is a bad thing and a very big minus against TV. This was one of the rason why I chose TV over others. Please replace it back to be able to update remotely as it was before. This is in very mutch useage?

Regards
    Anders1

• Hi,

Is this a joke? So I because I can't physically go to my remote device, I have not lost remote access forever?

If my understanding is correct then what is the point in this software? Will the paid version remove this restriction? Or is it gone forever?

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @Sam_Corkill 

Thank you for your post. 

With a valid TeamViewer license, you will still be able to connect to older versions. 

But, we recommend to keep all devices updated to the latest version in order to use every feature and be always up to date. 

Wish you a great day. 

All the best, Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• lstephens
    lstephens Posts: 1

@Natascha wrote:

Hi @Sam_Corkill 

Thank you for your post. 

With a valid TeamViewer license, you will still be able to connect to older versions. 

But, we recommend to keep all devices updated to the latest version in order to use every feature and be always up to date. 

Wish you a great day. 

All the best, Natascha

I have a free account and am running 14. My relative's old Mac OS will only handle the older version (11 or 12, can't remember). It has become increasingly important that I be able to log in to help him because of the current situation. His computer still shows up in TeamViewer on my end as available but I get the Unable to Connect, Need to Update message.

If I upgrade to a paid account will I be able to access his computer? Will he have to do anything on his end? If so, exactly what? (If I upgrade my account and then find there is some procedure required on his end that he can't do, I will not be a happy camper.)

Thank you.

• centaursystems
    centaursystems Posts: 0

I managed to get around the problem by downloading the Previous version TV Portable, closed my running TV and connected to the remote machine to do the update. Restarted my current version TV and the connection re-established.

A lot of messing around to use something which is a paid for account - even more annoying that the original purchased license was a "lifetime" agreement, I don't appear to be dead yet!!!