TeamViewer 6 Host not work

bach-saldo
bach-saldo Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

2020-10-26_18-33-42.jpg

TeamViewer host was installed to the client a few years ago. Now all clients with "old" installations see a window with the inscription "not ready", the ID field contains " -". We previously used the purchased TeamViewer 6, but later switched to the subscription model. Everything worked fine for a while, and at a certain point in time, we stopped connecting to computers saved in groups. The only way to get back access to such a "dead" computer is to uninstall TV6 and install the current version (15). As a result, after buying a working product, we have to spend several minutes on each uninstall and installation of the application. Sometimes it requires a multi-kilometer trip "feet" and manual intervention. How to access previously installed TV Host V. 6? we are now being offered to renew our subscription, but the labor costs incurred by my employees over the past year are being stopped

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @bach-saldo,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

If the Host client in version 6 is reachable, you can update them remotely: How do I update TeamViewer on the remote computer? 

If the Host client does not show an ID and is, therefore, not reachable, an intervention is required on the remote side.

I hope you will manage to update your client without any troubles! ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager