TeamViewer 8 chat not working on Windows 10 October update (1809)

panorama-morska
panorama-morska Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

After update Windows 10 to latest October update (1809) the chat was stop working. I can't send and receive messages. App is crashing.
I reinstalled the application, but it did not help.

Comments

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Dear @panorama-morska,

Thank you for your message. 

TeamViewer 8 is not compatible with Windows 10. Pls find the supported OS in the following entry
    Which operating systems are supported

Have a nice day :) 
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Well, yes ... But what if we have a license for this version of the program?
    Microsoft no longer sells previous versions of systems, which means that we install Windows 10 on new computers - also for security reasons.
    Does this mean that in this way, without updating previous versions to support new operating systems, the creator of TeamViewer perfidiously forces the purchase of a new license?
    I think so!

• yes unfortunately that is exactly what it means. I just had the same problem with version 9 and after much trouble shooting with teamviewer themselves, I was told that these old versions are no longer compatible with Windows 10 latest updates and we have no other choice but to subscribe to the newest version. Subscribe...which is totally unafordable for some of us. There has to be some workaround to get the little chat box working again  but I haven't found one yet.

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Dear @panorama-morska @alexcellence,

Thank you for your post. 

TeamViewer 8 was released in 2012 based on the operating systems that were common at that time. Therefore we are not able to guarantee the compatibility for the latest operating systems. So, if you have the possibility to migrate your license, please contact your responsible Sales teams. They can create an individual offer for you. 

Thank you for your understanding :) 

Best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community