TeamViewer HUGE 14 in Linux :(

beast-usa
beast-usa Posts: 80 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

W---T---H?

The only thing missing in Linux was tabbed windows. Then I upgrade to 14 and OMG I get this HUGE HUGE WASTE OF DAM SPACE almost half the dam screen!!!

Do you people even read the stuff the PAYING users write?
1. NO ONE WANTS RECENT CONNECTIONS!!! Get rid of it or let us DISABLE IT FOREVER!
2. NO ONE WANTS your FORCED MONSTER SIZED WINDOW! Let us choose the look or resize the god awful monster window!
3. Let older versions overwrite newer versions that way when some HORRIBLE GUI like this comes out I can roll all the computers back remotely!!!

I liked my Linux version so much better then winblows because of the nice 2inch wide strip in the side of screen 1. Now this CRAZY insane size that's just **bleep** that's up 44/46% of my 40 inch screen! CHANGE IT BACK! LET US TURN OFF ALL THAT WORTHLESS JUNK ON THE SIDE I NEVER USE! Let us resize it to a SMALL S-T-R-I-P It's to dam big!

So disappointed in this version in Linux :( and I'm stuck with it!

Tagged:

Comments

• beast-usa

LOL then it crashes after three computer are connected LOLOL HUGE and broken!

Scratch that it crashes on two computers! Connect, connect #2 or #3 CRASH. :(

• On Ubuntu 18.04 (Awesome version, minimalist install) it crashes often.  Today it has been after every connection.

On 14.04 it crashes often as well.

• beast-usa

Yep Xubuntu 18.04 (all updates done)
    Is crashing as soon as it connects to even one computer. :( So I need to work in Winblows 10 or Winblows 8 in VM.

Why SO HUGE and no tabbed windows :( Linux version was perfect now it's HUGE and broken.

Later tonight I will wipe the install out and to a clean install of 14 and see if that helps.
    MAKE IT SMALL AGAIN!

General rule "If it's not broken don't fix it" :)

• beast-usa

Any chance the most expensive software I own may start working again?

I use all three of my installs/uses on ONE Computer. That is still **bleep** thing if I'm out I can't help any of my customers! Until I get back to my ONE computer.

Now I'm forced into using WINBLOWS 10 or Windows 8 in VM to do my work! 14 does NOT WORK in Linux! And there is no way to roll-back remotely. (Can't connect to 13 or 14 from 12)

Like another post I saw I would just go back to 12 in wine. I liked having the native 13 in Linux, I had hoped that 14 would bring tabbed windows. But nope no tabs, just some huge awful looking thing that crashes every 30 seconds! Thank GOD for "DWS" 100% free and works in Linux! I feel guilty paying TeamViewer and using the free one!

• beast-usa

Un-installed everything, downloaded ver teamviewer_14.0.14470_amd64.deb today.

Still not working open one computer program closes, try again get one computer open open a second one, program crashes. Restart try one computer again it crashes.

Linux is my primary OS I have windows, windows 8 is OK windows 10 is junk. But I need to work so I'm forced into windows. :(

PLEASE FIX LINUX. :)

Spec's
    Case - Thermaltake Core V71
    Cooling - Water cooled, Raystorm Waterblock, 270 GPH Pond Pump, 5 Gallon Reservoir.
    Motherboard - Asus Rampage v Extreme (Bios 3101)
    CPU - Intel i7-6950X Extreme Edition @4000MHZ
    Memory - 64 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tractical DDR4-3000 15-15-15-33 CR2
    Video Card - EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC Ultra Stock Clock & Cooling.
    Hard Drives - Windows OS's Crucial M550's Raid-0, Xubuntu Seagate SATA III 1tb 64meg cache.
    Storage Drives - 2 Western Digital 5TB 128meg cache, 2 Seagate 4TB 256meg cache.
    Power Supply - Corsair 1050 watt SINGLE RAIL
    Screens - 3 Sceptre 40" 1920X1080
    OS's Xubuntu 18.0.4 x64, Windows 8 Pro x64 & Windows 10 Pro x64

• beast-usa

Wiped TeamViewer out, changed my Xubuntu to a SSD, reinstalled TV 14 still random crashing. I did get 4 computers open all at once! LOL So worthless! As soon as a started the SUPER slow file transfer on one all four closed and TV crashed again. :(

I'm just going to use DWS super SLOW uploads just like TV uploads the last few months. But DWS works 100% of the time less features but 100% free.