TeamViewer (Windows 7) is being uninstalled by some other program

michaelfrankel
michaelfrankel Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Starting a few weeks back, I started noticing that TeamViewer was getting automatically deleted or disabled on a variety of Windows 7 systems. Disabling Anti-Virus software (AVG) and the Windows Firewall did not help. Uninstalling and re-installing did not help. All of this was with TeamViewer Host 14.

At the suggestion of TeamViewer Technical Support, I successfully installed TeamViewer Host version 12. With that version, I was able to install TeamViewer but cannot update it.

Analysis of TeamViewer Technical Support (from logs sent to them) indicated that something was deleting the TeamViewer application (sometimes) and the TeamViewer update files (always). How this is happening is unclear.

The questions that are most pressing for me are:

1. What is deleting the files (and why).
  2. How can I track down what software is responsible for this.

TeamViwer Technical Support suggested that I uninstall and re-install my Anti-Virus. I'm not really willing to do that since it takes about an hour (and about 3 or 4 restarts) to complete the installation. Besides the fact that version 12 is still working (although it can't be updated).

I'm open for suggestion or further input.

Cordially
--
Michael Frankel
Wizard Consulting Group, Inc.

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @michaelfrankel ,

Thank you for your post.
    Due to frequent changes of antivirus and firewall software, it is possible that TeamViewer is misclassified. 

Since you have already talked with one of our support team, I would like to suggest to follow the instruction in order to support you individually.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your patient.

Best regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Trump3t
    Trump3t Posts: 3 ✭✭

That would rather be helpful if the reply to this problem was made public, unless it is embarrassing to the TV staff...