TeamViewer broken on Mac, "Licence code not a valid Concurrent licence"

randomstudio
randomstudio Posts: 5
edited May 2023 in General questions

Every time I try to open TeamViewer on my Mac, I get a message about TeamViewer.ini configuration file. This happens even if I uninstall and reinstall the application. I can't even sign in to my own account from here. I have a Premium account.,

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 14.12.14.png

Tagged:

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @randomstudio

The licensing options changed for the TeamViewer Portable a bit. Now it is necessary to have the license activated on the TeamViewer account and to be signed in to that account to have licensed connections.

Before it was possible to enter the license key within the .ini-file. See: Getting Started with TeamViewer Portable

If your license is already activated on your account, we can skip that part, otherwise: please activate the license on your account via the Management Console --> Edit Profile before continue with the next step:

The popup should disappear after removing the license information from the .ini-file, please open the file in the TeamViewerPortable folder and make sure the following information are filled in:

[Settings]
    nosave=1
    importsettings=0
    LogIncomingConnections=0
    LogOutgoingConnections=0
    [License]
    code=00-00000-000000-000000

Save the file. 

Please let me know whether this solves the issue for you.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• But where is this ".ini" file? Especially on the Mac?

• Esther

Hi @randomstudio

I have to apologize. It looks like I did not read your post carefully enough:

The TeamViewer Portable only runs on Windows devices as it is a .exe file and is not supported for Macs.

If you are on a Windows device, you´ll see the .ini file in the same folder as the .exe: 

.ini file.png

Thanks and sorry for the hassle,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther

Hi @randomstudio

To analyze your case a bit further: Could you maybe submit a ticket to our support team and add your logfiles?

My colleagues will have a look at it to check what´s causing the message.

Thanks again,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• I AM ON A MAC, NOT WINDOWS. I never said I was using TeamViewer Portable. I said I was using TeamViewer 14 on a Mac.

I am happy to "submit a ticket" to the support team... but how do I do that?
  • Esther

Hi again,

you can submit a ticket via this page.

Thanks for your understanding,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• What was the fix for this issue as I have started receiving the same error. 

• Have the same issue on my Mac running High Sierra. License is an Enterprise version. Tried uninstalling - also configuration files. No luck

Any solution to this?

• In my case, eventually (days later!) TeamViewer support said there was a "block" on my device. They had to remove the block from their side. No amount of reinstalling and/or deleting configuration files was enough to solve the problem.

• Hi TeamViewer support and @Esther ,

It appears I have this issue and there is no luck even after several delete/remove of the app and all the config files. I even downloaded and tried to run TeamViewer QuickSupport and it throws the exact same error.

Can you please check if TeamViewer had blocked my device?

Thanks.

- Charles

• Marechal
    Marechal Posts: 1

This error appear because network settings are incorrect.
    Check proxy setting under Teamviewer preferences.