TeamViewer remote control not working on Mac

goldenpoppyherb
goldenpoppyherb Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I've updated to all of the most recent versions of TeamViewer and Mac Mojave and all of a sudden I can no longer remotely control the other computer.

I am on the free version and have checked every possible setting I could find info for on the forums and it still won't work for me.

Could someone let me know what may be happening?

Comments

• Erle
    Erle Posts: 1

Same problem

• What was previously a very useful app is now useless, I am unable to use Teamviewer in ANY format, either directly between computer to computer, iPad, iPhone etc OR from your website using my account login - NOTHING works, even when two devices have exactly the same version installed. 

When I log on to my account and go to the page with my devices, no matter what one I choose, it gives me the message that there is a problem and it will not let me connect. Is there a reason for this? 

This program, I would gladly pay for, but given the problems I am encountering AND the feedback I see from others on forums, who have paid, I am not convinced that it would be a sensible option. 

Please tell me something positive which will give me hope in your product again.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Alibear57,

Thank you for your message.

Could you be a bit more specific about the connection issue you are talking about?

Is there an error message? Could you send a screenshot of it?

Many thanks in advance.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• Thanks for responding. I will attempt to send you a sequence of screen shots of some of the error messages I am getting.

01iPad Login Screen01iPad Login Screen02 iPad after login02 iPad after login03 iPad Computer List03 iPad Computer List04 iPad MacPro Selected04 iPad MacPro Selected05 iPad MacPro Error05 iPad MacPro Error06 Remote Info for MacPro06 Remote Info for MacPro07 Try to Connect from Macbook07 Try to Connect from Macbook08 Error from MacBook to MacPro08 Error from MacBook to MacPro09 MacBook telling old versionVersion on MacBookVersion on MacBookVersion on MacProVersion on MacProI have named the files with a name which reflects what the screenshot event was at the time, and I've numbered them in the sequence in which they occurred.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Thank you for your screenshots. Could you please make sure to use the latest version on your iPad and your remote Macs?

The free license is only functional with the latest version on both sides of the connection.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base articles here:

This might fix the issue.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• Thank you for your solution. Unfortunately it is another of these annoying solutions which are thrown at us in this 'modern' age of technology. My computer has been running successfully for around 16 years. It has also been running your versions of Teamviewer most of that time, with NO problems. There is NOTHING wrong with the computer, it works PERFECTLY in every way that I need it to, for my work. 

My annoyance is two-fold. ONE, it is evident that computer manufacturers AND software developers are not happy that their products are so good that they last too long, so you have to find other ways to make more money out of us. I know you will say that the new software is designed to take advantage of the newer processing power of modern computers. That is great, but why change the existing software to cause it not to run on older, perfectly capable, machines? Your latest updates will not run on my computer, because it is too old, and I'm too old to be thinking of buying a new computer just to suit the demands of greedy software developers. And TWO you have the power to make our lives better and simpler or cause us stress and frustration - you have chosen the latter - WHY??!!

• I wonder if this thread is still being moderated?

Hello, team,

I use a Macbook (MacBook Pro, Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013, OSX Mojave, version 10.14.6), as my main machine - machine A

I have a legacy Macbook (Apple's words, not mine - MacBook Pro, 15-inch, Late 2009, OSX Yosemite, OSX Yosemite, version 10.10.5) which contains all the media libraries, itunes, etc. - machine B

Machine A has just updated to TV 15, with no issues, but it can no longer connect with Machine B, which remains on TV 13.2.119192 (I cannot attach an image, but the error message says: The remote TeamViewer is running an old version which is out of date. Therefore you cannot connect to this version any more. Your connection partner can update Teamviewer by clicking on "Help" - "Check for new version".

So far so boring, however, Machine B, running old Yosemite, cannot update to TV version 15, and as it's a legacy machine, cannot get past OSX Yosemite.

I have now downgraded TV on Machine A to be the exact same version as that on Machine B, but now both machines say get the same error message, the old version is out of date, etc.

I know that previous versions are available, so please let me know which version I can use so that both machines can work together, and also control the various other machines I have in my arsenal - a windows machine, and a few android devices.

Many Thanks in advance,

Ed