TeamViewer v. 12 Beta is Requiring a Corporate License for Personal Use

Options
skeeter
skeeter Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have used the personal use version of TeamViewer free for years and have never been required to purchase a license.  However, about a week after I installed version 12 Beta, TeamViewer disabled itself and said that I'm operating in a Corporate environment and need to purchase a license. 

This couldn't be further from the truth.  I use TeamViewer on one PC to manage it remotely over my phone while I'm away from home.

I have submitted tickets on this before, but I never receive any response.  The latest ticket is #2825695.  Is it possible to continue using a free version somehow?

Comments

• Clone
    Clone Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same problem. I have 3 computers i use but now I am required to buy a business license all of a sudden

• contedisantabar
    Options

me too. is it a bug? i hope so... ;-)

• Clone
    Clone Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Not too sure how the ticket was logged (Either from this forum or feedback I sent when I unistalled the application) But my non cormmercial license was reinstated.

ticket ref 2828274

• skeeter
    Options

I've also tried an uninstall and reinstall, but that didn't help.  I've tried submitting a ticket through beta feedback on Nov. 5the as well as sending in a support ticket through their website, and for whatever reason I can't get anyone to respond to me for nearly two weeks now.

Not having TeamViewer makes life quite a bit more difficult, but I have no choice but to wait to hear from them.  Thanks for your input!

• Ricky_Vu
    Ricky_Vu Posts: 1
    Options

Same here, I have 3 computers, but now I'm required to by a business license. Hope it's just a bug.

• skeeter
    Options

I guess the best thing for everyone to do is to submit a support ticket of your own, but be prepared to wait an incredibly long time for any sort of response from their support department.  Took me nearly 2 weeks to get an initial response, at which time they requested copies of my logs.  Now I'm waiting 36 hours and counting for a follow up response from them.  I expect it's going to take nearly 3 weeks to solve this, all while costing me several extra hours of work in the evenings when I'm finally at my PC due to lack of access to TeamViewer during the day.  I realize they serve a lot of customers, but having to wait weeks for support help seems pretty long.  Just my opinion :)