TeamViewer window size and location

jgt1942
jgt1942 Posts: 44 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

How can I make the TeamViewer Window a predetermined size and location?  When I remotely access my systems because the resolution of the remote systems are all different the window keeps changing size. Because I want the window to be as large as possible on my 24" monitor I find it super annoying that it keeps changing size and the position shifts as the size changes. Often I have accidentally closed the TV window because of the change.

Comments

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

You should edit property on device in contact list.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • jgt1942

I tried editing the  property on device in contact list but could not find a combination that gave me the static TV windows when connecting to different family members. No matter what I did the window size seemed to be impacted by the PC I'm connecting to. 

• mLipok

@jgt1942 wrote:

No matter what I did the window size seemed to be impacted by the PC I'm connecting to. 

Do you mean, that window size and coordinates  (not resolution), on your local PC, is releated to settings on remote PC ?

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • jgt1942

I just tested four connections and measured the size of the windows and yes the position of the window also changed but I did not measure that. The following are my measurements (Width, Height in pixels.

• My wife's laptop 1892, 1101
    • My laptop 1599, 930
    • My son's laptop 1904, 1104
    • My brother's laptop 900, 728
  • mLipok

Could you also provide screen resolutions for each laptop ?

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • jgt1942

The following are my measurements (Width, Height, PC in pixels)

• My wife's laptop 1892, 1101, 1920x1080
    • My laptop 1599, 930, 1600x900
    • My son's laptop 1904, 1104, 1920x1080
    • My brother's laptop 900, 728, 1366x768

After connecting to one of the systems I can grab the corners of the TV window on my PC and resize it. The contents of the window will resize to fill the TV window.

• jgt1942

OK let's try this again. I posted the following yesterday but it is no longer in the thread. 

The following are my measurements (Width, Height, PC resolution in pixels)

• My wife's laptop 1892, 1101, 1920x1080
    • My laptop 1599, 930 1600x900
    • My son's laptop 1904, 1104, 1920x1080
    • My brother's laptop 900, 728, 1366x768

My desire is to size the TV window on my PC as large as possible then no matter what PC I connect to I want it to fill the TV window on my PC without resizing it.

• mLipok

@jgt1942 wrote:

The following are my measurements (Width, Height in pixels.

• My wife's laptop 1892, 1101
    • My laptop 1599, 930
    • My son's laptop 1904, 1104
    • My brother's laptop 900, 728

I think this is related to Windows desktop size - could you answer to my question from my previous post.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • jgt1942

I'm not sure what the heck is going on. Twice I replied with the additional info and twice it has disappeared after I confirmed it was added to the thread. Here is the third attemp.t

• My wife's pc - 1920x1080
    • My PC - 1600x900
    • My Brother's PC - 1366x768
    • My son's PC - 1920x1080
  • mLipok

And here we are.

Do you  see the relation beetwen WINDOWS DESKTOP SIZE and TEAMVIEWER WindowSize ?

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • jgt1942

Yes I see the relationship but that does not resolve the issue. I want to create a static TV window that does not change size and when I connect to a PC I want the contents of the TV filled as much as possible. Manually I can resize the TV window and the contents will rescale to fill the new larger size.  

• jgt1942

I want the TV window to be 1130x1917 and never change size no matter what PC I connect to. The upper left corner should be at the 0,0 position and never change. Then when I connect to a PC the TV window should be filled as much as possible. I've managed to tweak MS Word so that it always opens in the same position and size, this is what I want to accomplish with TV.

• mLipok

Did you try this:

TeamViewer_Contact_properties.png

Btw. 
    Which option you have currently selected for "Window" property in this combobox ?

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • jgt1942

mLipok - I've actually tried all four settings but no matter which I select there are issues and often they are different, depending on which PC I'm connecting to. I'm assuming that the resolution of the PC I'm connecting to is creating the issues. I can include pictures or create a PDF and try to better describe what I'm seeing. 

Of the four options the better is the Maximized but I cannot see the taskbar on my local PC and some of the PCs I connect to appear as a frame in the TV window with very large black borders. In the window title area I can see the PCs I'm connected to. Often I will connect to multiple family members and be switching between the various systems making changes to the systems. All systems have Win10 x64.

• mLipok

please make better documentation to this issue.
    Could be as a one big PDF with StepByStep story :)

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • jgt1942

I'll work on it, most likely will take a few days, I've got some other much higher priority items.

Thanks for your help.

• mLipok

The only one "hurry up" is yours own needs, so I be waiting here for next message from you.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP