Teamviewer 12 deprecation

cmrho
cmrho Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi:  I keep getting messages to update my TV to the latest version and that my version (v12) will be deprecated soon. I purchased the full license (single user) for it several years ago. What do the messages mean? Since I have a full license, I should expect to be able to use this version in perpetuity correct?

Thanks,

Chris

Tagged:

Comments

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 895 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @cmrho 

Thank you for your post.

I have linked an announcement from our Community from last November that will help explain this. 

We are asking our free users to upgrade to the latest and greatest version of TeamViewer. Rest assured, while licensed customers are encouraged to update, they can continue using their licensed version in accordance with the product lifecycle policy.

Hope this helps!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• cmrho

Thank you for the quick response Josh.

As I understand it, my license allows a single computer to access all of my other computers using TV12. All of my other computers have the Free version because I don't need them to access other computers, just remotely accessible. Does this policy change mean that I won't be able to access my Free version computers from my licensed computer after 6/18/2019?

Please say this isn't the case.

~ Chris

• JoshP

Hello @cmrho 

Great question!

As a licensed user, your licensed devices will still be able to make connections to your remote devices running a free version of TeamViewer 12.

However, if these devices make no outgoing connections, I recommend installing a Custom Host module on devices you support via TeamViewer.

With the Custom Host module, your devices will be linked to your license, and you can even brand the module with your company logo. The Host module does not allow outgoing connections at all; you can create the Custom Host module in the Management Console, under Design & Deploy.

Josh P.

---

• cmrho

Thank you again for such a quick response!

I'm glad to hear that I'll still be able to use my licensed computer for what I need to.

One last question: Is there any way to stop the messages appearing to upgrade the version? I realize you guys need to push for sales, but I have to clear that message every time I use it.

Thanks,

Chris

• JoshP

Hello @cmrho 

If the free full version of TeamViewer is installed on the devices, the message would persist. However, if the custom Host module is installed on these devices, you would not receive such a message as these would be linked to your account.

Please be advised, however, you would need to uninstall the full version first. While you cannot be connected through the full version in order to do this, you could use a QuickSupport module to connect to the device, shut down and uninstall the full version of TeamViewer, and then install the custom Host via the QuickSupport module.

For more assistance with these steps, feel free to call our support team directly. You can find local numbers here, and can submit a ticket here.

I hope this helps! 

Josh P.

---

• A_droid007
    A_droid007 Posts: 1

Hi there, I have a Teamviewer 12 Licence,

Can i use this with new versions of Teamviewer Host?

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 918 Moderator

Hello @A_droid007

thanks for your post. Welcome to our wonderful community!

Licensed versions can always connect to older versions. In order to assist you, we will need more info. Could you please explain it in a little bit more detail? Thanks in advance.

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)