Teamviewer 14 does not login after reboot on Win 10

Sam_Nazarenko
Sam_Nazarenko Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

We are using TV14 for commercial use and our company has bought us the proper license. After the system reboot Teamviewer service is started, but TV user is not logged in, thus upon a try to connect to the machine I got refused with the "Commercial use detected" reason. From TV14 log I can clearly see following:

2019/02/20 12:09:52.001 5056 5424 S0 Commercial use detected

2019/02/20 12:17:28.801 5056 5060 S0 SERVICE_CONTROL_SESSIONCHANGE session=1, statusCode=WTS_SESSION_LOGON, console=1

2019/02/20 12:17:31.228 6872 4764 G1 AutoLogin::Login: enabled: 1

Full TV log:

[Log files removed]

Comments

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @Sam_Nazarenko 

Thank you for your post.

Please make sure the licensed account is fully logged in before attempting the connection; as the license is user-based, if you attempt the connection before the account is fully logged in, it could produce this error. Attempting the connection again once logged in should resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, our support team would be best equipped to help you. As a licensed user, you are able to contact the support team directly. 

You can find local numbers and the ticket submission portal here.

Hope this helps!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Hi @JoshP,

Thank you for you reply. You are right, after the windows user logs in - the teamviewer user logs in as well and all works fine, unfortunately this is not an option in our case as machine got rebooted to install windows updates and could not be accessed after it remotely. Is there a way to make TV user to login automatically without windows user login? We use two separate accounts for windows and TV and there should not be any connection between them.

Thanks.

• JoshP

Hello @Sam_Nazarenko,

Thanks for the clarification.

If the Windows account is not logged in, the TeamViewer account would not be able to log in.

However, I would recommend reaching out to our support team to see if there may be any alternative options.

Thanks!

Josh P.

---

• Hi @JoshP ,

I've tried to contact support over the phone, but they didn't even pick up the phone, all I got is "Sorry, all operators are currently on an another call" and then they just drop the call. It appears that TeamViewer support team doesn't care about customers at all.

Talking about my issue - I've double checked with my colleague and he has everything working and can connect to the TV immediately after reboot under his TV account even before any windows user logs in, thus I strongly disagree with you statement "If the Windows account is not logged in, the TeamViewer account would not be able to log in". Additionally we've checked all settings of our TV14 clients and they seem to be identical. I'm sure it is a TV14 bug as I used TV before and it was definitely working after the reboot. Can you please confirm this?

Thanks, Sam.

• RichardBurt
    RichardBurt Posts: 13 ✭✭

I've had this on more than one remote machine. Reboot the machine and end up having to get the customer to manually start TV for me.

In these cases I've ended up installing **Third Party Product** on their machines so I can at least get access to start TV myself.

I have to admit, I'm beginning to wonder if TV is worth all this hassle....

• JoshP

Hello @Sam_Nazarenko 

Thank you for the clarification. I apologize you have not been able to reach our support team. 

Please PM me your contact information, and I can have a representative reach out to you, as our support team would require more information.

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.

---

• Chacha2k
    Chacha2k Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi Sam_Nazarenko, could you solve this issue. If you did, can you please post here the solution Teamviewer Support gave to you? Thank you!