Teamviewer 9 Quicksupport needs admin elevation to run

Options
JosephO
JosephO Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

Recently my domain users have not been able to run Teamviewer 9 Quicksupport on their Windows 10 PC. The program can only work when "Run as administrator" is selected, but that requires admin details, which they don't have. We have no such issues previously, so am not sure if it is related to recent Windows Update.

As IT Support, I am using paid Teamviewer 9 license to support my users.

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @JosephO

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

Could you provide us with more information to know exactly what happens when you try to run QuickSupport 9 as a user? Is there any error message? Could you maybe send us a screenshot?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• JosephO
    Options

@JeanK wrote:

Hello @JosephO

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

Could you provide us with more information to know exactly what happens when you try to run QuickSupport 9 as a user? Is there any error message? Could you maybe send us a screenshot?

Best regards

Jean

Dear @JeanK ,

When attempting to run QuickSupport on user's PC by double clicking the EXE file, nothing happens at all. Pulling up the Task Manager showed Teamviewer QuickSupport loading, and then closing after a few seconds, so it loads in the background but closes itself without appearing on screen.
    While still on the user's account, I tried running the QuickSupport with admin elevation by selecting "Run as administrator". After entering my admin details into UAC, the QuickSupport loads as per normal.

Unfortunately, because there is no error message or prompt, I am not able to show any screenshot of it.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

@JosephO,

The problem we are having here is that TeamViewer 9 is not officially supported on Windows 10 devices. Please see here our article: Which operating systems are supported?

2020-08-26 16_26-Which operating systems are supported for which TeamViewer versions_.png

As it is not officially supported, the system might have unexpected bugs/dysfunction and it is, unfortunately, impossible for our engineers to investigate these. Maybe you could raise a support ticket and see if our customer support can help you?

I hope you understand the situation here.

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• JosephO
    Options

@JeanK 

I wasn't aware of such limitation, but unfortunately I have to work with it since my license is only valid for Teamviewer 9. I will raise a support ticket and hope to get a resolution from there.

Thank you, and wishing you a good day.

• msteingass
    msteingass Posts: 1
    Options

@JosephO

Have you found the problem with support?

I've got the same Problem with TeamViewer QuickSupport. It also happens if I try it with the current Version of TV QuickSupport.

If an user account has local admin rights, TeamViewer QuickSupport only starts with "run as administrator". Without that elevation nothing happens. Normal users which don't have local admin rights don't experience that problem.

I attached the TeamViewer Log but it doesn't contain anything that seems helpful to me.

Thank you!