Teamviewer VPN problem

Options
ChrisXX
ChrisXX Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I've enable Teamviewer VPN in the settings but the option to click on VPN while before connecting isn't there?

What could this be? Please help me.

Thank you!large (1).pngScreenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_2.jpg

Comments

• ssssantossss
    Options

I think I have a similar issue, maybe the same. I installed vpn for 2 machines, I'm able to connect from one PC to the other, but when I try to connect from the other PC the button to connect isn't there. I can't find the reason. So the connection only works one way!

• Kordoff
    Kordoff Posts: 1
    Options

Hello Community!

I'm having an issue with Teamviewer where when I connect to a PC the Start VPN option is grayed out, however the adapter is installed and if I try to log in to that same PC from a different Teamviewer I can indeed activate the VPN driver.

Steps taken :

Reinstall VPN Driver - no result

Reinstall TeamViewer - no result

Restarted Teamviewer Service - no result

Edited Registry - no result

Updated Windows - no result

• bikelover1352
    bikelover1352 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

there is no 3rd vpn option after updating to latest verion and yes vpn driver is installed successfully

version 15.38.3

• azeranto
    azeranto Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Hello, I have been using the VPN option for a few months on the free version but today I can't select the VPN option, I am only offered the remote control and file transfer option. However, the VPN drivers are well installed on both computers. Can you help me? Thank you in advance.

• Erezbmwm4
    Erezbmwm4 Posts: 1
    Options

Hey… anyone was able to fix the problem?

i installed the vpn driver on mine and my customer windows computer and still Dont have the vpn option on the teamviewe?

please help tnx

• bikelover1352
    bikelover1352 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

No vpn option after update

• sanju_kumar_1
    sanju_kumar_1 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

I have tried reinstalling VPN and TeamViewer a couple of times but still not able to see the vpn in the control remote computer tab.

• JodyBarber
    JodyBarber Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue. The VPN option was there on version 15.37.8 but at least the last 2 versions took it away. I have verified that the VPN driver is installed. The only 2 options in "Control Remote Computer" drop down menu are Remote Control and File transfer. If I reinstall version 15.37.8, the VPN option is on the list. If I reinstall 15.38.3 or 15.39.3, the VPN options is gone.

• sanju_kumar_1
    sanju_kumar_1 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

what you said is right must be an update issue. Thanks for the information.

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,071 Moderator
    Options

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all the questions about this topic!

Updates have been implemented into TeamViewer VPN. Therefore, please make sure that:

Let us know how it goes, and don't hesitate in posting any additional questions. 🙋‍♀️

Have a great day!

Best, Carol 👩🏻‍🦰🌷

Portuguese Community Moderator

• JodyBarber
    Options

Still having issues finding VPN option.

I am running version 15.39.6 64-bit on Windows 10. VPN driver is installed on both PC's. I am signed into TeamViewer using free account. VPN option is not listed under "Control Remote Computer". VPN option is not listed under Connection or Extras.

Can you please provide guidance on how to start a VPN connection.

Thanks!

• JodyBarber
    Options

Update:

It appears that after manually uninstalling and reinstalling the VPN driver via Options / Advanced has fixed the issue.

VPN is now an option listed under "Control Remote Computer".

• Skenn
    Skenn Posts: 1
    edited August 2023
    Options

I have tried reinstalling VPN and TeamViewer a couple of times but still not able to see the vpn in the control remote computer tab.(version 15.44.6)

(screenshot edited by a moderator as per our guidelines- please always protect your private data)

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 930 Moderator
    Options

Thanks for your post @Skenn and welcome to our Community 😊

You are not able to see the the VPN feature because it is no longer part of the free version.

Please find here more information: TeamViewer Remote’s Free Version Redesign

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• ghfhjd
    ghfhjd Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Ok so The VPN is not a part of the free version. I have a paid vision and I do not have the VPN option. And I really really need it!