Teamviewer is running an old version which is out of date.

Options
Bainy
Bainy Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

HI, we have had the following error appear this morning.

(The remote Teamviewer is running an old version which out out of date. Therefore you cannot connect to this Version anymore. ......)

We have paid for our version of Teamviewer upfront and in full. We are not on subscription and have not recieved a notice that Teamviewer would stop our software from use.

This has proven extremely inconvenient and badly handled by Teamviewer. 

I can not find any T&C that shows that TV can disable fully PAID for software without warning. Does anyone else have information to the contrary?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,592 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Bainy 

Thank you for your post.

Can you kindly check your TeamViewer client version is compatible to your TeamViewer license please. If you are using TeamViewer version 9 license, kindly use TeamViewer version 9 software for both sides of connection please. You may download TeamViewer 9 here.

For more inquiries on licensing questions, feel free to contact TeamViewer Support Team for further assistance please.

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Bainy
    Bainy Posts: 3
    Options

Hi, Confirming the TV versions both sides is Ver 9.0

Further investigation has found our TV Master has reverted to FREE licencing.

We have tried to apply the correct fully paid for licence once again with the error message that our Licence isnt compatible with our version. (Which we have checked licence version and software version are the same)

Any ideas??

• GopiR
    GopiR Posts: 3
    Options

I had the same issue. But I was able to connect fine to the remote computer from the Computers & Contacts menu (see photo 2 below). However, this exact issue occurs when I attempted to connect from the main interface (see photo 1 below) in the Partner login section. I only installed TeamViewer on the remote computer yesterday while at the physical location. So both computers are running the same version. If the Partner control feature is intended to be used only in a commercial context then it should be hidden in the free version of TeamViewer. Anyway, I hope this helps anyone else reading this thread.

Does NOT WorkDoes NOT Work

Works fine from hereWorks fine from here

• Nienkerk
    Options

I dont want to reboot my personal server running and i have the same problem as described. What should i do, i cant access the server without shutting down and moving it. 

• BadRumTik
    Options

TEAMVIEWER HAS CAUSED THIS !!!!!!!!!

They have changed their back end so this happens I just spoke to them they want everyone to upgrade to a monthly subscription its all about the money 

• BadRumTik
    Options

They have changed their back end so this happens I just spoke to them they want everyone to upgrade to a month subscription its all about the money 

• BadRumTik
    Options

Teamviewer has made the changes  they are the ones to blame ! Give them a call !

• BadRumTik
    Options

Teamviewer has made changes to OUR  license !  So this is not a matter of a fix but a matter of bucks !

This discussion has been closed.