Teamviewer on Windows Server

mkane5994
mkane5994 Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Good Evening,

I am a student studying Computer Information Systems. I have acquired an educational license from Microsoft for Windows Server 2016 and i am trying to use Teamviewer for it and an Ubuntu VM and a few other laptops in the house. The Windows Server is the only one that is expiring. I have found a few places saying to run compatability but most of those posts were in 2012. I did attempt it but it still came back saying it was expired. I am willing to wipe the server and start over but i want to make sure i install it correctly in Normal Personal and not Commercial use. Can i get some help on this? I submitted a ticket but they said it takes 30 days for anyone to get back for free use. 

Thanks, 

Mike

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi Mike,

Please see this Knowledge Base article for further reference about the usage on Server OS.

Thank you, Esther 

Former Community Manager

• I appreciate the link. I requested this once and heard nothing back. I did it again just this morning. Is there a way to check my request satus?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi again,

I am afraid that sending the request to change the status for a server OS will not help since a Windows Server operating system will always be classified  as commercial usage automatically.

You have to use a regular operating system, if you do not have a TeamViewer license.

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager