Announcements

We are currently experiencing a high call volume which results in longer waiting times for calls to our US office.

We ask all customers to submit a ticket and we will get back to you soonest.

Thank you for your understanding!

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Teamviewer on Windows Server

Good Evening,

I am a student studying Computer Information Systems. I have acquired an educational license from Microsoft for Windows Server 2016 and i am trying to use Teamviewer for it and an Ubuntu VM and a few other laptops in the house. The Windows Server is the only one that is expiring. I have found a few places saying to run compatability but most of those posts were in 2012. I did attempt it but it still came back saying it was expired. I am willing to wipe the server and start over but i want to make sure i install it correctly in Normal Personal and not Commercial use. Can i get some help on this? I submitted a ticket but they said it takes 30 days for anyone to get back for free use. 

Thanks, 

Mike

3 Replies
3 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Teamviewer on Windows Server

Hi Mike,

Please see this Knowledge Base article for further reference about the usage on Server OS.

Thank you, Esther 

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I appreciate the link. I requested this once and heard nothing back. I did it again just this morning. Is there a way to check my request satus?

Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again,

I am afraid that sending the request to change the status for a server OS will not help since a Windows Server operating system will always be classified  as commercial usage automatically.

You have to use a regular operating system, if you do not have a TeamViewer license.

All the best, Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started