Trouble Connecting - Quick Support "Activating Teamviewr"

Options
RussellXDA
RussellXDA Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have previously helped my father remotely with his Lenovo Tablet using Quick Support.

Now, his Quicksupport remains in the amber mode "Activating Teamviewer" and not progressing to a green Ready to Connect status and revealing the ID number.

We have uninstalled and reinstalled etc and he is running version 13.1.8752

We have also installed Teamviewer and Teamviewer Host apps

Any help  would be greatly appreciated.

Russell

Comments

• Dlpoirier
    Options

Hi, did you find a way to fix this? I am also having the same problem.

• Eisley
    Eisley Posts: 1
    Options

Same problem here. TeamViewer doesn't seem to respond to non-commercial users...

• GrahamD1
    GrahamD1 Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same problem. Activated when I tested it at home, but now I've given it to my mother, it just stays amber, Activating. I had hoped to use TeamViewer during the lockdown to keep her going with new technology.

• Dlpoirier
    Options

The problem I had was that my tablet kept saying Activating... I discovered that if I connected my tablet through a mobile hotspot on my phone, it would then work correctly. It seems that Teamviewer doesn't work when on the same Wi-Fi network... not sure why...

Hope this helps!

• RussellXDA
    Options

I no longer use Teamviewer as I gave up with the lack of support. But I believe that this actual problem relates to the ISP. As you found that you can connect via a mobile connected service rather than the broadband provider it seems quite likely it is due to imposed by the provider, Certain providers, such asTalk Talk, have blocked remote assistance applications like Teamviewer, as they are used by scammers to remotely connect to unsespecting memebrs of the public. 

The block can be removed, but only by the ISP tchnicians. You can see from the link https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Safe-Super-Safe-Boost-Scam/Scam-Protection-Not-Wanted/td-p/2258445

I am pretty sure you can not change these settings yourself any longer.