Trouble setting up New Quick Support Module

KEXI
KEXI Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Tried to setup new quick SUPPORT Module, but this looks like a quick join module.
I tried several times, but looks the same everytime. - see image below.

Is this a fault or do I do something wrong?

qs1.JPG

Reinhard Klein

Best Answers

Answers

• KEXI

Thanks for your answer,
    you might be right, however my existing older Quick Support Modules did not change to the new approach- and still require ID and PW over the phone- and I would rather be able to have a choice which type will be created.

Reinhard Klein
  • DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @KEXI,

sure! The module you previously distributed is an executable, so take a snapshot of the situation at the time it was made.

Thanks for the kudo ;-)

Regards.

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• KEXI

@DomLan wrote:

Hi @KEXI,

sure! The module you previously distributed is an executable, so take a snapshot of the situation at the time it was made.

Thanks - that would be clear- but  anytime I am sending the link out to a to be supported person.the one is downloading a new version of the older module from the TV-Servers.

I can edit the older modules with all elements still.... with ID and PW..and they do not create a service call like the newly created Module.

I  tested a new module just a couple of minutes ago- you are right, thats the intention you mention in your first answer.

Reinhard Klein
  • DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @KEXI,

Yes, I believe that the editing of an old form always reflects its initial logic. Also from the management console, in the custom modules section, if you have a recent license (13) you should see a button that would allow you to update all of them together at once. This should be the way to bring them all to the new version, while to maintain it is enough to enter into modification of each individual element.

Obviously, as I believe, you will want to continue to have the previous module, so do not use that button.

Greetings.

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• KEXI
    THAT was the answer I was looking for - Thanks a lot, I still have the choice.
    Reinhard Klein