Turn off unattended access

pokeyarw
pokeyarw Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

My MacBook Air seems ro be using a lot of battery since I installed Teamviewer.  I installed Teamviewer with unattended access enabled and now note that the display never goes to sleep which accounts for the battery use.  I realize I may be wrong bout the way unattended access is implemented, but it makes sense to me.  I really don't need it on my MBA and have tried to find out how to turn it off.  Connection:Setup Unattended Access does nothing and seems that it ought to be the place to turn it off and on.  Where can I turn it off?

Comments

• dwyere
    dwyere Posts: 16 ✭✭

If you were to close TeamViewer when it wasn't being used, and also unchecked the box in preferences > general for "Start TeamViewer with System", that would take care of that. I never noticed TeamViewer using much battery, but if your machine isn't going to sleep you might want to check those settings in System Preferences > Energy Saver.

--
    I am not associated with TeamViewer in any way, and all comments are strictly my personal views and opinions.
  • pokeyarw
    pokeyarw Posts: 3 ✭✭

I seem to have at least partially licked the problem.  I had done the things you suggested prior to posting the question.  I agree with you that Teamviewer never seemed to use much power before, so I'm not sure what I did, but things are better and it may or may not have been Teamviewer—which I realie is not very helpful to others.