Unable to activate an Account on Teamviewer

DeanfromIT
DeanfromIT Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi Guys

First time here I figured I should post here as well as send in a support ticket. The issue I'm having is this:
We have a Teamviewer account with 6 accounts, for at least 3 of the accounts we are having an issue where the logins are not working. When we install the software and attempt to login we get a message saying "Account activation required" and it requests to send an email to the user. 
Brilliant, no problemo. 
We get the email with the subject line "Device Authorisation needed", open it up and click on the link that says "Add to Trusted devices" . Takes me to a page that says "Your account was used to successfully sign in on the following device:" and gives me the two options of "Add Device or "Decline". 
We hit "Add Device" go back to the program try and sign in and we get ....."Account activation required". Are you kidding me? I've activated this account 5 times now and nothing. 

Any ideas here would be helpful.

Best Answer

Answers

• DeanfromIT
    DeanfromIT Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi Reyhan

That's correct the issue apears to be with the trusted devices, the issue is that we are not able to activate a few of these accounts on any of our PCs. 

Here's the breakdown of what happens:

Step 1: we try to login, enter in our email address and password and hit "Sign in"
    1.png

Step 2: Get this error message, click on resend email

2.png

Step 3: Receive the device authorisation email, click "Add to trusted devices"

3.png

Step 4: Open up the "Your Device was used to successfully sign in on the following device" page, click on "Add Device"

4.png

Step 5: Rejoice as I assume that I can now login to Teamviewer

5.png

Step 6: .....NOPE

6.png

I've taken this ride a few times each time losing optimisim. Is there a way I can break this vicious and terrible cycle of optimisim and dissapointment?

• Nhe1987
    Nhe1987 Posts: 1

Hi DeanfromIT,

Could you resolve your issue? because I have got the same problem with another account!

Regards,

Nima

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Nhe1987

As shown above, the two emails are different.

Trusted Devices
    Happens when you log into a new device or browser.
    This is the "Device Authorisation" email with the "Add Device" button.
    The link in this email will not activate your account, just trust the device.

Activate Account
    Happens once when a new account is created.
    This email is the "TeamViewer Account - Email Validation" email.
    The link in this email will verify your email address and activate your account.

I hope this clarifies this.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • pezza
    pezza Posts: 1

I'm also having this issue, but I am the only person in this chain as it isn't an organisation.

To be honest, I didn't even realise I had an account until I tried to create a new one and I was told that my email was already in use.

The problem is that it says it needs activating and says if I didn't get the email during registration to re-send it.  If you click re-send, this is where the loop occurs because it sends another "device" email, so how on earth am I supposed to get the "activation" email?

I understand what is being said above that it is 2 seperate things, but then why is it sending a "device" email when you click resend e-mail button to a dialog about the activation during registration?

Unless, someone else has set this up that I am not aware of and they are getting the emails!!??

Now just to add (as I tried to send this post and couldn't because.....I wasn't signed in, which is the whole xxxx problem lol  Anyway, trying to sign in, I selected to resend the email and wondered why I wasn't getting it.  No wonder my email blocks it when it is full of chinese writing which makes it look very suspicious.

Bottom line is I strongly think that someone (as the name on the account was POPADMIN??) has created this and used my email address and obviously couldn't activate it because they were not getting the emails....which then meant that I couldn't create an account as it was already in use.

I "think" I am in now, but I am worried about the security of this account and whether I should close it and create a new one (if it allows me to do that with the same email address)

Andrew

• Zhong_Yu
    Zhong_Yu Posts: 1

clicked the email activation link and jumped to logon page. guess it's not expected.

after i

1 create account from website

2 try to post there and failed

3 relogon website

got another activation email automatically without click resend

finally it works.