Unable to assign policy to some devices

kicsi2l8
kicsi2l8 Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I just deployed TV 13 to about 250 clients. I was able to assign a policy to most of them, but having trouble with about 20 devices. They show connected, I can start an unattended session, but when trying to assign the policy, the activation status just shows "assigning" and never assigns. I also have several that come up as "personal password invalid" when trying to assign a policy. These are all new installs, and I have tried to reinstall on 3 machines but that didnt help. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Hi. 

I am experiencing the same problem at our company, having enrolled Teamviewer Host onto 300+ users, and 20 of them have not applied the added policy. 

Have you found a fix for this?

Regards, Mark

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello kicsi2l8, hello mts-arkil,

Thank you for your messages.

This only happens when the personal password, which is saved in your list of Computer and Contacts,

capture.png

does not match with the personal password, which is saved locally in the TeamViewer options of the device.

capture2.png

The solution : you just need to enter the personal password which is saved locally on the device in the little window that pops up, in order to apply the policy. Also, please make sure the device is still assigned to your account.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Cheers

Community Manager

• Hello JeanKinzler.

Your possible fix for this issue cannot be used. I guess it has to do with the way I have implemented the TV-Host with the import of the registry file is with no password, and in our policy I have added that it changes the password after every session.

We have a PC I could test it with, were I could see the generated password. Now with this pwd I could make a session and go to the settings and add the PC to a administrative account.

2018-11-26_10-14-37.jpg

We have more users with the same problem. (Cant send them a pop-up confirmation for easy access) They need to enlighten us the password.
    2018-11-26_09-56-29.jpg

On the installation of TV-Host they aren't added to a account, hence the problem we are experiencing. And why we cant add a policy to them (Sorry for language).

So the workaround is for me to call all the users and ask them for their generated password and then add the policy to their computer in Teamviewer Management Console.

Regards Mark

• I have used a powershell script that uinstalls Teamviewer Host, then once they restart the PC or log in to the computer it will install again with a GPO. Until it installs we will use Teamviewer QS.

I then hope they will be assigned to my admin account, so I can assign policies. 

Regards Mark