Unable to connect (Not ready. Please check your connection)

bdenny
bdenny Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

I've been unable to use TeamViewer since Friday - the status only shows "Not ready.  Please check your connection". TeamViewer was working fine (version 13) until then.  So far I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, checking for entries in HOSTS, flushing DNS, stopping and restarting the service, as well as turning off firewall and setting TeamViewer to use no proxy (I don't have one anyway), and trying to connect via different ISPs (local wifi, via Verizon hotspot, and via AT&T hotspot on phone).  I've tried using both the installed version and the portable version.  This is on Windows 10, updated with most recent updates.  IPv6 is *not* enabled in networking (but that's not a change - hasn't been for a couple of years w/o issues).  TeamViewer on my Android phone connects fine using both the AT&T cell network and my local wifi.

Two lines from the log file... not sure if they suggest potential problems?

CProcessCommandHandlerMasterConnect[326]::ReceivedMasterResponse(): Received MasterCommand BLOCKED
CKeepAliveClient::HandleLoginUserAnswer(): ID is blocked

I've spent hours browsing the forums and knowledge base - I'm out of other ideas. 

I've tried logging a support ticket from the support page, but I only get the error:  "There was an error in processing your data. Please try again later."  I've been trying for hours. 

https://status.teamviewer.com/ doesn't indicate any issues with either the website or the TeamViewer servers.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• bdenny
    bdenny Posts: 2

Turns out the issue had nothing to do with the connection whatsoever.  We are using TeamViewer in a commercial setting and have a paid-license for its use.  Apparently our organization's main office had not paid the invoice for our license and it seems the service was shut off.

I have no issues with TeamViewer shutting off service when our bill was unpaid - I would expect it - however, I'm disappointed that there was no user-facing communication to that effect.  There was nothing in the program nor in the knowledge base that indicated that the true problem could be something unrelated to the connection itself.

Hopefully this may help someone else with a similar issue in the future.

• I've been having the same problem after using TV for several years for personal use. I've always raved about how well it worked. After Windows 10 updated, it tells me that my connection is not ready, cannot connect. The LAN option works fine and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a number of times. My phone and other computer works fine (running Windows 10 after update). I've wasted so much time on it now. Is there not a solution that doesn't become hugely technical?