Unattended Access waits for confirmation

Lengen1971
Lengen1971 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi,

I use the free account to connect to one of my home computers. Setup is with unattended access but when I try to connect, it says "wait for your partner to confirm" (translate from german as good as I can).

I want to connect without any confirmation because noone is in front of my computer.

Thanx for help and best regards.

Best Answer

Answers

• Minya
    Minya Posts: 2

Hi,

I am using the business version of Teamviewer and also experiencing the same problem. I am going to look over a few settings in the next few days to see if I can find a solution.

Regards Minya

• TineH
    TineH Posts: 5

Hello,
    I had the same issue and somehow I figured out and hope you two has the same scenario as me :)

On your computer, not the one you are connection to, start TeamViewer and open:
    Extras -> Options -> Advanced -> click Show Advanced options -> and scroll down to "Advanced settings for connections to other computers" and check if you have under Access Control set to: Confirm all, if you have so change it to Full Access and save the settings by clicking OK.
    TW settingsNow try to connect to the remote computer again and see if its working now without the confirmation dialog.

Hope this helps :)
    Cheers,
    T.

• angryhobbiest
    angryhobbiest Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited December 2023

funny enough I had my laptop set to "full access" when I first set it up and then today just tried to rcon to get my youtube tabs on my desktop and discovered somehow the setting had changed itself

the only thing I EVER did since initial setup was to install recommended updates

so how did that setting change to "confirm all" without me changing it? I never consented to the setting change so it shouldn't have changed

no consent=no change

yet somehow the updates changed a setting that they had no right to change as this software can be used in a commercial setup where changing an "unattended" server to "confirm all" would mean a VERY costly IT guy visit if it wasn't consented

so yet another thing that makes teamviewer unworthy of being used in a pro setup because if my settings are not kept as I put them and get to change upon a fully automatic update then you are effectively saying "**bleep**" to customers who need the settings to remain unchanged for all time

so yeah time to figure out the windows 10 mstsc.exe setup and ditch teamviewer forever because the only reason I used it was simple setup and configuration

if my config won't stick then it is worthless software

• Gavro
    Gavro Posts: 1
    edited December 2023

Hi folks, we are using business license of TV and in the last few weeks the system behavior is realy strange. Mishmashed unattended login with prompt for access. We can logon to remote computer via logon screen of Windows , but after defined time-out period we have been disconnected . No matter what we setting in TV Access setup.

It' realy **bleep** frustrate me . Any advice ? Thanks.