Unattended install with server id still only allows one person to remotely control server

erchuero
erchuero Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello,

I installed Teamviewer 14 on my windows server as unattended access and setup the password for remote login. I see that the user id is the same as the Server iD, which i thought i saw somewhere the user ID is not shown anymore for this install.

My problem is only one session is allowed at a time. I connect with the server ID and then if another person connects they only see my session, we share that session. I thought we were supposed to get taken to the login screen on subsequent concurrent logins with teamviewer so another user can login. It is not working like that.

Tagged:

Comments

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 918 Moderator

Hi @erchuero ,

thanks for your post. 

Hope this article helps you further: TeamViewer on Windows servers 

Please let us know, if this helped you further or you need more assistance.

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• Hello. 

I am familiar with that article and have read it. In Teamviewer 14, when i click the blue lightbulb next to the User ID the Server ID is the exact same as the User ID. 

If i right click the icon in the system tray and select "About..." then it only shows the server ID.

The problem is if I connect with the teamviewer Server ID, then anyone else that connects with the Server ID will not be taken to a login screen, but will share the same connection as me, seeing the same screen as me.

I had teamviewer 14 on another trial server when teamviewer 14 first came out and it had a user ID as well as a server ID that was different from the user ID...