Upgrade asking for Administrator login!

orovia
orovia Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have a few staff who cannoti upgrade to version 14. A pop up appears asking for administrator. I try my login to resolve this but it does not accept.

My account is set as Administrator but my login does not set up the upgrade to install

See attached pop we get.tv.JPG

Many Thanks Sam

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello Sam,

Thank you for your message.

There are two possible options :

1) You enter the administrator login (with the domain) and password to be able to update. The admin login should look like YOURDOMAIN\USERNAME

2) If you have a policy or locally a setting which require admin right to modify TeamViewer, you need to deactivate these settings/ policy in order to update your TeamViewer.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Cheers

Community Manager

• I have the same problem, what is the administrator password in teamviewer ? We never had to enter one before
  • orovia
    orovia Posts: 2 ✭✭

I think it is something to do with windows Administrator login, i dont get the issue but a couple of staff do as they cannot install or download software without a windows Administrator login. Would be interestign to know why the pop up is Team Viewer and not windows admin login screen.

• yes that worked. We did not think about it because the popup is from teamviewer. Also I cannot reply or create new posts here, only the quick reply works every now and then
  • KWSN
    KWSN Posts: 1

What works? did you turn off a pop up?