V12 wont allow unattendeded access with a password anymore.

designworks
designworks Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi guys,

Ever since upgrading to V12 i can no longer connect to any of my hosts without a confirmation from the host end. It alwasy requires the host to confirm, even if I choose the 'Remote control using password' option. Obviously this a huge problem for accessing unattended servers.

I can't find a way to fix this behaviour. What am I missing? Is this a bug?

Cheers,

AC

Best Answer

Answers

• Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Dear designworks,

Thank you for your post.

Are you using customized host-moduls with policies? Could you please check your host settings as follows:

If you have set Access Control “Full access”, you should be able to remote control your hosts without confirmation.

Host Policy_1.png

Otherwise, could you please check the custom settings:

Host Policy_2.png

I hope it was helpful!

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • JasonS
    JasonS Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same issue since upgrading to v12 on my support station. My unattended hosts have the v11 host (non-customized) installed. 

Using the v11 teamviewer support program, I can connect to them all with password and no user intervention, as I have since v6. With the v12 support program, it requires user intervention.

How am I expected to access my completely unattended hosts using the v12 support app? The solution SURELY cant be to redeploy a customized host module to each of my endpoints.

I had to downgrade to v11 because I couldnt provide support to a single one of my clients.

• Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Dear designworks,

Thank your for your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that your request can be solved. :smileyhappy:

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • JasonS
    JasonS Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks! This solved it:

Options > Advanced > Advanced settings for connections to other computers > Access Control on my Teamviewer v12 Client was set to 'Confirm all' rather than 'Full access'.

The weird part is, this only affected the v12 install. The v11 install worked fine. Not sure how that got set. Now if only "show black screen" worked reliably.

• Thank you! This was driving me insane!