VPN is gone after automatic update.

burhanku
burhanku Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi, 

Can someone help us about VPN tab. It is gone after automatic update. We were using very often. Is that a bug or known issue?VPNproblem.PNG

Best Answer

Answers

• Same problem as of about 4 hours ago. Started problem ticket but so far only trivial response - the VPN feature is why I've been using TeamViewer since version 6 - I sort of know how to make it work - but taking the "Start VPN" button away is a tough one to deal with :)

• Was just notified that this is a bug and is being worked on.

Suggest if you need VPN then avoid updating to ver 13.1.1548 - wait until next build.

• TobiasKasper
    TobiasKasper Posts: 1

You can only work around this by starting a second connection from Teamviewer window, if your license allows enough connections.

If you get the message box to do this from the symbol bar in the existing remote control window, nevertheless click "Connect" because the symbol doesn't exist.

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

It was an automatic update. Suddenly yesterday no more VPN button on all my PCs.

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

If I start a second connection as a workaround am I going to be flagged as a commercial user and blocked? I am not a commercial user; I use this only for connecting to my own PC and my mom's PC. Yesterday I was testing Supremo as a replacement or rather an addition to Teamviewer which keeps locking me out (remote PC online but unable to receive incoming connection) so I have to ask someone to go to my house to reset the PC. Anyway, Supremo disconnected and when I reconnected it accused me of commercial use so I want to ask if Teamviewer will do the same and I'll have no way to access my PC at home when I'm traveling. Thanks

• Didn't get a chance to try the insider build, but just tried out build 13.1.3629 and it works - but you need to re-install the VPN driver from Advanced Options since this seems to get reset with the update.

In any case, it's working again.