Virtual Server Issues with Teamviewer 9

Options
StarshipUK
StarshipUK Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

I am running a perpetual commercial premium licence for version 9 (we bought this just before the pricing model changed to monthly, hence we have had to run it for several years to get value for money)

We recently took over some customers which have Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi virtual windows servers running and Teamviewer is not working with these.

We installed it to run as unattended access, but if we sign out or reboot the virtual server then the server is showing offline in teamviewer, when the server is clearly running.

If we remote desktop in to the server on the customer site, then teamviewer shows as running and we can use teamviewer. This is the only time we can use teamviewer.

If we log on the server using remote dekstop and then disconnect the remote desktop session then the server is showing online in teamviewer, but when we try to connect we get the message: "The screen cannot be captured at the moment. This is probably due to fast user switching or a disconnected/minimized Remote Desktop session."

Please can someone let me know if there is any way to use teamviewer on virtualized windows servers, or not? We have sorta got around this on one site by installing teamviewer on the Hyper-V host server (which is running windows server with a GUI) at one of our customer sites, where we can then remote desktop to the virtual servers from there. At the other site the VMWare ESXi host does not have a GUI, so we can't run teamviewer on that and the only way to connect to the servers using teamviewer is via a laptop running teamviewer, we can then use to remote desktop on to the servers from that, which is far from ideal.

Comments

• ajaywazir
    Options
    Facing same problem, any resolution?
  • StarshipUK
    Options

No one got back to us and we could not risk the latest version possible also having the same issues. I still do not know if it is an issue specific to V9 or the product as a whole.

In the end we have bought into a competitors Remote Support product, which does not have all the extra features in Teamviewer we do not need and would not use (but have to pay for), is also far cheaper and actually works and lets us remote on to all machines, whether they are on Hyper-V, ESXi and even Mac.