Wake On LAN Stopped Working

2»

Answers

• Hi,

Try update network adapter drivers.

Google "Intel windows 10 latest network drivers"

Download, extract and install

You should be able to see new settings that you never seen before. Try shutdown and WOL again.
  • shakedown21
    shakedown21 Posts: 5 ✭✭

Wake on Lan seems to be working again and I did not make any setting, software, or driver changes to any of my computers. Definietly seems like the issue is on TeamViewer's side.

• Coroen
    Coroen Posts: 1

Since some time I cannot wake up my remote computers. Settings in computer, router/modem and so on have not changed, so maybe it has to do with Teamviewer? Anyone having the same problems?

• obrowne
    obrowne Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi Im having issues to.
    But i maybe that this is not the fault of Teamviewer, 
    i could also be a Microsoft update issue.

There are some posts stating that after the FCU (Fall Creative Update) people are having issues with WOL (wake On Lan) 
    check these posts:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f609f769-b6ea-48fd-8055-04a37de17b45/i-have-a-pc-that-will-not-wake-from-standby-since-build-1709-fall-creators-update?forum=win10itprogeneral

AND

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/windows-10-fall-creators-update-installed-but/e1486b6a-82d8-4845-a63f-19c37a74d5d6?auth=1

Just search google

• Frank002
    Frank002 Posts: 1

It is still not working for me.

• martinwinter
    martinwinter Posts: 4 ✭✭

Whilst I sympathise that it is not working for you, despite all the windows updates and even a new router, Teamviewer is working fine on my set up (Win 10).

Sure, occasionally there is a glitch, but shutting down Teamviewer and restarting generally fixes it.

I will add, that initially it did take me some tiime to configure all the component parts, router, PC & software to get Teamviewer working but since then it generally works.

• When will there be a team viewer update to fix this mess?
  • banyo
    banyo Posts: 1
    Hello,

Wake on lan via public adress stoped working for mee too. Is this a software issue?
  • Sethλ
    Sethλ Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Updated to version 14, but I think what work was wake on LAN configuration selected the middle option which says under general team viewer ID is within your network and then inserted all your device ID numbers including your iPhone which you’ll find somewhere in this very bottom of the settings. On my iPhone that devices ID number is at the very bottom and is slightly different than desktop computers that you’re connecting with. I’m not sure if this is necessary but when I did those three things after going on two years of not working when my computer even went to screen saver mode and absolutely nothing would wake it up on all the wake on LAN apps configuring in every possible conceivable IP address Mac hardware address, and my iMac is connected with ethernet cables, nothing worked. Now everything works perfectly fine here at home and remotely when I’m anywhere at Starbucks are using my cellular data. Good luck, best, Sethλ
  • Hello Julia, 

I saw your post from 2016 that said the issue had been resolved.  

I only need to wake one computer in my office from anywhere in the world as a necessity for my company.  It has worked perfectly fine until about a week ago.  I know the gateway is set up right because I tried from an iPhone APP called WOL and it does wake the computer but Teamviewer won't wake it up as it used to.  I am travelling soon and I can't go in peace if I am not positive the Wake on Lan feature is working.  have you had any reports of it not working lately? 

Thanks in advance for your help.