We have a paid licence, I client does not

StuBaby
StuBaby Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi, we have a paid version of Team Viewer and our client inadvertantly downloaded a trial version of the commercial license.  Now that the trial has expired, he is being forced to purchase a license to allow us remote access.  Attempts to contact TeamViewer from his end have proved fruitless as TeamViewer are citing the amount of traffic as the reason.   Due to differences in time zones, on a few occasions we secured a connection in the evening client time, and left the connections idle for several hours, and I can only assume this is the reason as we haven't spent much time on his machine at all.  What do we need to do to our clients machine to be able to access it using our paid version of TeamViewer?

Thanks

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

You may need to call for support. If you have a license, you should be able to connect. Even if your client has an expired trial.

From the TeamViewer Manual - MSI Chapter 1, Section 3

"Please keep in mind that only on one side of a TeamViewer connection a license is needed. Usually this is on the side of the technical suport, not on the client computers."

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @StuBaby

As suggested by @Chiron, you need support from TeamViewer. From this knowledge base you'll find the procedure, but... take also a look at a particular response from @Christian (TV staff) -> you could tell your customer to install a (yours) QuickSupport module to return to being re-accessible.

Hope this could help

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi StuBaby,

Thanks for posting.

There must be something else at work here. A trial expired licence cannot block a paid user from connecting.

As long as you are connecting from a licenced device or account, the remote connection will not be stopped or timed out, if you are receiving the message "Connection could not be established as you or your partner have an expired trial", that generally means that your licence is not activated corecctly as licenced users will not get this messge.

To stop the message itself, we would reccoemend installing the host version.
    https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/TeamViewer-Host-setup/ta-p/3965

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?