Where Teamviewer put deleted files ?

tecomind
tecomind Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi,

I accdientally deleted files from my local computer, while using TeamViewer. I run OS 10.13. The deleted files are not in the trash, and nowhere to be found.

Where does Teamviewer send the file when deleted ?

thanks for your help.

Tecomind

Best Answer

Answers

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi tecomind

We don't "Put" deleted files anywhere sorry.

TeamViewer is remote control software, so the software remotely controls the mouse and keyboard the same as if you were at the remote side. If you delete something, it will follow normal behaviour.

To clarify, if you delete something, TeamViewer doesn't send a "Delete" command and doesn't decide the behaviour. It just sends the mouse and keyboard commands same as being in front of the device.

Sorry I cannot assist, but I don't think it is possible for our software to make any files vanish.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • GiovanniMP
    GiovanniMP Posts: 1

Hi Scotty

thanks for your answer but I need better clarification

I was connected to a remote computer, I open file transfer and Inside file transfer)  by accident I delete important files from MY LOCAL folder.

Where TV put the files deleted from file transfer windows ? please help is a very big issue for me

thanks

• But where thr file go?? Is it deleted permanently??? Can the file be recovered using recovery files??