Where to execute the ImportUserCSV powershell to import user to teamviewer management console

Shermaine
Shermaine Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi Support,

I am try to import hundreds of user into team viewer management console using the API module.

I prepared the CSV file from the template from the download package

I created scripts under company adminsitrator accounts, noted down accessToken

I created App for this importing and note down the ClientID and ClientSecret

Now I am stucked at AuthorizationCode, how to get it?

and Where I can run the Powwe Shell script starts the import?

Can I run it from my windows 10 pc, It seems it not working after I tried

Thanks again

Shermaine

Comments

• Aaron_Boshers
    Aaron_Boshers Posts: 47 Moderator

Dear Shermaine,

Thank you for your inquiry.

There is an easier method with the API access Token created from the Managament Console in the company profile, that means the script only needs the access token.

The following is for using the OAuth authentication.

Since you have gotten this far the last step is on the line in the script.

The authorization code has a section for the code followed by the following.

<-- Visit https://webapi.teamviewer.com/api/v1/oauth2/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=YOURCLIENTIDHERE

All you need to do is add the client Id that you already have at the end where YOURCLIENTIDHERE is. 

Once you navigate to the address it will ask for permission for the app to access the permissions. 

Once you click allow it will give you the authorization code that you need to import into the script. 

Also as far as from where to run the import.ps1, as long as the script can see the .csv it should be fine.

Best regards,

Aaron Boshers

Aaron Boshers
    Senior Enterprise Solutions Engineer

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution button below.
    You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button! Thanks for being an active member of our Community!
  • EPI
    EPI Posts: 2

Hi 

I'am a little bit confusing . 

I have try every ID i know but every time i've got this message : "The client ID isn't valid" 

I have create a "script" token before. 

(Other question : I have download the powershell template script for import and export users 

I have try to lauch it with the new token ID, but i have multiple error .

There is 3 files in your template maybe we have to import module or something else. 

I don't see any help inside the script or on your website. 

Do you have any process than explain how to use your template ?)

Best regard 

Jonathan .