Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Why am I getting ads in paid teamviewer?

This is BA.  Two years on and the stituations is getting worse.

TeamViewer.png

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Esther. It's clear you don't exist. You must and an AI system here to only make the situation worse.  You show complete contempt towards your loyal customers. 

This problem is STILL ongoing.

TeamViewer.png

Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Sorry that I do not have better news for you, but the developement teams are still working on the self-opt-out.

As stated earlier: This requires some developing efforts, it will take some time, but it will come.

I keep you posted on this.

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

As a developer I may be able to help.

Put an opt in check box on the form named checkOptIn

@Esther Where the ad code starts, add an If..Then condition.

If checkOptIn = true
##  execute the ad code.
end if

that took me about a minute to write.

Any other coders out there?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Disable Advertising within the Application (Corporate)?

Corporate customer here, how do we turn off the advertising within the client? It interupts workflow and has become more and more frequent.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

A few minutes ago, I posted the Change Log for the latest Insider Build (15.8.2). This version has the following improvement listed:

Licensed customers can now opt-out of in-product marketing messages. Important in-product messages like EULA updates will still be received.

Important note about the insider build: The intention is to get early feedback on new features, improvements, and developments before the public release.

This means that the current TeamViewer insider build version may not be tested in full functionality and could contain bugs as it is basically an image of the current development state.

As this is a testing environment it is not recommended to use the insider build in a productive environment or to be rolled out globally on all devices you have.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we are getting this feature in the global release as soon as possible. (Edit: For now: Windows only)

Thanks again for your help and patience so far,

Esther

Community Manager

Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Will this also be applicable to customers who are not using the latest version of Teamviewer?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @hamburg4u 

Thanks for your question.

For now this option is only availalbe in the Insider Build (and with this most likely only for most of you as an initial test as I am guessing you are not using an Insider Build in your productive environment).

However - it will find its way in the official releases from now on. From my current knowledge you will need to work with TeamViewer in version 15.8 or higher to enable/use this option.

Please keep in mind that this version has not been released yet.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

With today's release of TeamViewer in version 15.8.3, the self-opt-out is now available for licensed TeamViewer customers on Windows devices using TeamViewer in version 15.8.3. 

Please find the Change Log for 15.8.3 here.

You will find the Setting here: Extras --> Options --> Advanced --> Show advanced options --> under TeamViewer options un-tick the box for In-product marketing messages --> OK

In-product marketing messages.png

Thanks again for your help and patience so far,

Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Please just have it turned off by default.

If I chose to be constantly anoyed I will be sure to go tick the checkbox.

Cheers, Steve - Stay Safe

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Disable ads

How about us Mac folks? Thanks!

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

This is an obnoxiously buried and hidden setting for a paid product. 

Teamviewer has a spectacularly low opinion of their customers, eh?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Disable ads

I second this! 

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

It's great that an Opt-out function has been added to the software for paid license-holders. 

However, I agree with @mr_edly that it is buried too deep. So deep, one can appreciate why some would claim it to be intentionally hidden. 

But another bone worth picking is whether this box should be on by default for new, paid installations. As demonstrated in website froms of progressive companies, it is becoming considered morally wrong to automatically 'opt-in' anything for customers. Given the ever-increasing mass of information we all must parse every day, I believe it is not just a moral position, but one of necessity. 

I vote to make 'opt-out' the default setting for new, paid users

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

New connection gives Popup, Dont show this message again is not working.

Hi,

Since the last update i get the splash popup good new for mac users.

This popup cant be closed forever, when i click on dont show this message again, it will pop up again and again.. very annoying.

Version:15.8.3

2020-08-11_14-36-07.png

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

I unchecked that box and still got the popup... I mean i'm on a Corporate account what are you pulling here Teamviewer? This is just super annoying and irritating, and the 'don't show this ...' button doesn't even work...

Soon **Third Party Product** and no more ads in 1000 euro a months accounts, bye bye.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: New connection gives Popup, Dont show this message again is not working.

Same here.  Make this STOP!  

I pay a lot of money and should not have to have to put up with this.

tvads.jpg

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: New Advertisement Popups

Im getting REALLY annoyed with these ads constantly popping up even though I keep hitting : "Dont show me this message again"

I payfor youtube premium BECAUSE i hate ADS. Do I get ads now With youtube Premium? NO.

I've been with teamviewer since Version 6 I believe. I pay every year my quite costly fee. Those ads should be for non paying users. uugghhh

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

I have pressed the button do not show again 10 times today and my colleagues say they have the same problem.2020-08-11_19-41-42.jpg

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I want to add my voice here too.

Very frustrating and intrusive. It's a great way to make me and my staff look for alternatives!

Why pay so much money only to be bombarded with ads?

Seriously guys. Stop this!

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: New Advertisement Popups

Hi @CompuShark,

We are sorry about the negative experience.

With the release of TeamViewer in version 15.8.3, the self-opt-out is now available for licensed TeamViewer customers on Windows devices using TeamViewer in version 15.8.3. 

You will find the Setting here: Extras --> Options --> Advanced --> Show advanced options --> under TeamViewer options un-tick the box for In-product marketing messages --> OK

I hope this information would be helpful.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Highlighted

Hi All, 

Thank you for your posts and I am sorry for the trouble with this pop-up about MacOS Black Screen, we are checking it on our side.

However, if you would like to stop showing the ad's, you can simply opt out completely as you have a paid license and 15.8 or higher. For more information, please read one of our moderator's post.

Please let me know if this has resolved this for you or if you need any further assistance.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
Yuri

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

I read the moderators post - There is no mention of the Mac version for self-opt-out on version 15.8 to 15.8.3 [current as of now]

This is unresolved for Mac users. Please advise - current solution? released soon? Too small of a market share to care?

Thanks

-Chris

Highlighted

Hi @AppleCore ,

Thank you for your post!

Our development team is currently working on it and it will be released for MacOS in one of the upcoming TeamViewer versions.

At this stage, we are not able to provide a specific release date, however please note that it will come. 🙌

We thank you for your patience and understanding in advance.

Kind regards,
Yuri

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Shame on you Teamviewer for your boiler plate replies and for ignoring the community on this one. 

It is absoultely rediculous that you have to "opt out" of this feature as a paid user. 

It is also completely stupid that the button which says "do not show this again" does not work. What is the point of it even being there in the first place?

Turn it off by default for paying customers, or at least make the "do not show again" do what it is supposed to.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

Today I received the information from our Mac developers that we will implement the self-opt-out for macOS in the next release of TeamViewer coming in September (15.10).

Thanks again for your patience so far and have a good day,

Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Neutron

Good  work!

2020-09-05 11_57_33-TeamViewer.png

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

as announced before, the self-opt out for the in-product messages is now available for macOS for TeamViewer 15.10.

From our Change Log:

Licensed customers can now opt-out of in-product marketing messages. Important in-product messages like EULA updates will still be received.

Thank you for your patience!

Best,

Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Shady Companies develop shady setting

Looks Like Teamviewer is from the same breed that the German company Wirecard that create a huge scam, i am a paid customer of version 11 when they charged one time payment and i was screw when they change to monthly subscription and make the product nearly unusable beacuse the free customer will install the last free version and i am not able to connect to them.

In regards of the in-opt ads check, i will never have it , i know, but the whole idea around that pop ups is nefarius, when you say "don show this again", is working as they planned, THIS is that particular promotion and the next one is a different one so... you have to click again on Do not show this again. and again and again, a good faith corporate mind can think to develop something like that?, no, i don't think so, the same one that think that is the one that do not set by default to not show ads and buried the check 4 menus down.