Posted by FakeName
Digon

Why am I getting ads in paid teamviewer?

What is this? Why is there a ad on my 5-channel corporate Teamviewer account?  This isabsolutely ridiculous. Spam the free users with ads, that's expected. Don't **bleep** off your paying customers.

Capture.PNG

https://imgur.com/NXNbg5c

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Why am I getting ads in paid teamviewer?

Hi all,

Thank you for your messages.

First of all: We are sorry that you received ads although you are licensed customers. Of course - customers with a license and their customers are excluded from seeing these types of ads on our tool.

I investigated why the ad was shown to you and my findings are that there was a mistake in the system settings which caused you to see the ad. The team is currently looking into this to make sure that you do not see the ad anymore.

In general for non licensed users or all who got this ad by mistake: If you are not interested in the offering and don’t want the ad to be shown to you anymore, please click “Don’t show this message again” in the lower left corner of the ad and we will not show you the ad on the same device anymore.

Thank for for you understanding and once again sorry for the trouble,

Esther

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Posted by joe4369
Henagon

I was just trying to find a place to complain about this.  I think I'm going to cancel.

Posted by FakeName
Digon

Make sure you email salesteam@teamviewer.com and let them know how angry you are.

Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi all,

Thank you for your messages.

First of all: We are sorry that you received ads although you are licensed customers. Of course - customers with a license and their customers are excluded from seeing these types of ads on our tool.

I investigated why the ad was shown to you and my findings are that there was a mistake in the system settings which caused you to see the ad. The team is currently looking into this to make sure that you do not see the ad anymore.

In general for non licensed users or all who got this ad by mistake: If you are not interested in the offering and don’t want the ad to be shown to you anymore, please click “Don’t show this message again” in the lower left corner of the ad and we will not show you the ad on the same device anymore.

Thank for for you understanding and once again sorry for the trouble,

Esther

View solution in original post

Posted by joe4369
Henagon

There was nothing to click but the ad and it brought you to the website.  There was no X to shut it off and nothing where I could click to indicate I didn't want to see it again.

Posted by FakeName
Digon

I get annoying popups for beta versions too.  I don't know how to stop those even though I have the  "do not install beta versions" option set properly.

It's generally becoming an annoying ad-based product and I'm going to be looking at alternatives.  

Posted by Todd_in_LA
Henagon

I agree with the other users; it is unacceptable that TeamViewer is now pushing ads. Stop this foolishness now. Are you also selling our contact information? Really makes me wonder...

Posted by pcurb1928
Henagon

Got an ad today on an enterprise license.  For outsourced IT services nonetheless.  

It's clear this issue isn't fixed yet.  

Highlighted
Posted by avogel
Henagon

I have the same problem, how to diable this? It's anoying and teamviewer was not cheap btw.!

Posted by n2n
Electron

THIS IS NOT FIXED.  You're looking VERY arrogant and it's just to acceptable for PAID software.