Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Highlighted
Posted by iosbuildmgr
Electron

cannot connect from Windows7 to Mac OS X yosemite10.10.5

i'm a newbie to using Teamviewer.

I'm trying to setup remote connection from Windows 7 laptop to Mac OS X Yosemite on same network. I have installed TeamViewer on laptop and Mac. when i try to connect to MAc, i get "Unable to Connect: A connection could not be established. TeamViewer not running on partner". I verified that Teamviewer is ready on Mac, shows 'Ready to Connect (secure connection) on lower right. Weird thing is that i CAN connect from Mac to my laptop. Problem is that the Mac is in office and my PC will be remote with me outside of office.

Is there a setting on theMac that is blocking incoming connection? Firewall on Mac is OFF, and Remote Access Management setting is 'ON'

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

1 Reply
1 Reply
Posted by BudV
Henagon

Re: cannot connect from Windows7 to Mac OS X yosemite10.10.5

I’m afraid this won’t be worth much to you, but I worked a lot between my Mac under Yosemite and my daughter’s Win7, and I don’t recall having any problem.

Also, I’m under El Capitan now, and occasionally get the "Unable to connect …" alert, but in the vast majority of cases (at least for me), I don’t believe it the first one or two times I see it — making sure to wait for it to become Ready to Connect — and the connect finally goes through.

This is just a gut feeling, but I don't think that Remote Access Management has any effect on TeamViewer either way.  It would seem that it controls the Remote Access feature that's provided by the operating system.

I’m sorry I can’t be more informative.