deactivate does not work

AAConcepts
AAConcepts Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I replaced my laptop and I am trying to deactivate one of three detected Teamviewer installations in my Business account profile. The error i get when i try to deactivate any of them is "Error: no license moves left". I have wiped the old laptop so I can't uninstall any software. What am I doing wrong

Best Answer

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,554 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi, @terminalbet 

Can you kindly contact TeamViewer Support team  for individual support regards to activation moves reset please.

Thankyou for your support and understanding.

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员

Answers

• Dear Reyhan,

we also face same issue as this. So, that means, changing devices is only allowed for 10 times?

Is there anyway to reset back to 10 only for this time may be?

Let's say, if we want to change devices frequently, what would be the solution.

Appreaciate your kind response.

• Dear Reyhan,

I also face same issue. Could you please help?

"Detected installations: 0 Remaining moves: 0"

• AlanW1
    AlanW1 Posts: 157 [Former Staff]

Hi ZawZawAung,

I have reset your moves to 10.

• Hi, I face the same issue as described above. Could you please help?

Thank you in advance.

• AlanW1
    AlanW1 Posts: 157 [Former Staff]

Hi wrydarowicz,

Reset is done. 

please be noted that reset is just for unusual occasion. You are not entitled to another reset within one year from your purchase. Thanks for your understanding. 

• PPI
    PPI Posts: 1

I have the same issue no devices left and if i try to make a tickt it claims i don't have a licence..

[email removed by moderator]

Thx in regards.

• Yanndmx
    Yanndmx Posts: 2

Hi, I face the same issue as described above. Could you please help?

I Never know that licence moves is limitée and now i can.t use TV on my iPad

Thank you in advance

[email removed by moderator]

• Hi,

I also face the same problem. It said " no license moves left. "

Could you please help?

Thank you.

fame

• Dear Reyhan,

I also face same issue. Could you please help?

"Detected installations: 0 Remaining moves: 0"

Can you help me too? Thank you very much

• In fact, this is quite normal. 

This is because of the BUSINESS version which has a limitation on the software installations.

Only 10' devices can be added that access Teamviewer machines with the business license.
    On the other hand, the number of PCs controlled is unlimited (Fortunately!)
    Each time you log in with your Teamviewer Business account, it is counted as 10 times authorized. So every time you change laptops, tablets or phones to access your PCs, Teamviewer deduces an installation.

What is unfortunate is that this is not indicated when choosing the corporate vs business license.

In fact, that's the only difference between these two licenses!

So you have to contact Teamviwer support and explain that this is not indicated and they reset the counter to have the 10 possible installations again.
    There is no other solution or else to pay the higher license which is unlimited by adding temviewer accounts!

Translated with [Link Removed]

• FTC
    FTC Posts: 4

So in fact when u are a business who upgrade your systems every year, u need to ask permission every time or upgrade to the ( expensive ) Corporate account even when u still dont use "more" devices then before ?

I think this one of the lesser features in TV imo, it's easy to notice that people use "other" hardware ID's so why dont just give the people the option to "replace" their own systems ?
    That would be alot more user friendly.

U can't use more systems "simultanious" then u are allowed to, isn't it alot better then what people have to get through now before they notice what the problem is ?
    It's not like we get a decent answer from the popup system what is wrong, u just get redirected in circles every time, and after digging on this forum i found probably the reason, but no solution.

I hope for a solution because i ran myself into this issue now, and for the price of the corporate version there are many more alternatives wich are more user friendly, a real shame the business license works this way, i reckon many more people/small businesses are in our situation...

• Hi,
    I also have the same problem. It said " no license moves left. "
    Could you please help me?
    Licence is for [email removed]

Thank you.

• Hi,

I also have the same issue. I waited until the renewal of my subscription but the problem stays. I made the mistake with some client systems by logging in to enable easy remote access. So it should be helpfull if you can reset my count of logon's.

• miros
    miros Posts: 1

Hi,

Could you please help?

Thank you.

• FTC
    FTC Posts: 4

Support is minimal it seems m8, this issue isn't solved for nearly a year and i think they dont really care much about such issues.
    Tough, we from our side, will remember this when we need to renew/pay for extention of our license...
    I suggest if u run into this like we did, also look for another solution because this method of working at TV is not ideal for companies like us, not user friendly and lack of alacrity.

• steven_james
    steven_james Posts: 1

Can you reset mine as well?  I can't seem to replace my licenses either.

• pydevx
    pydevx Posts: 1

my account say that as well. please reset mine?

• Hi,

Could you please help?

Thank you.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,554 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi, @terminalbet 

Can you kindly contact TeamViewer Support team  for individual support regards to activation moves reset please.

Thankyou for your support and understanding.

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • OFM
    OFM Posts: 1

HI I am havinh the same problem for licence moves. pls help me reset it back to 10. ty

• please changed the remaining moves back for my businness license

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @terminalbet ,

Thank you for your post.

As one of our community moderator mentioned earlier, in order to assist you individually, please contact our support team. This is the only way to solve this issue.
    Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Best regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • paul-2018
    paul-2018 Posts: 3

@Reyhan@Yuri_T , @Ying_Q  , I'm experiecing the same issue and nobody responded to my support ticket on that, could you please do the same to my account, I have reinstalled my PC and need to deactivate the previous seat.

• Yuri_T

Hi @terminalbet ,

Thank you for your message.

I have already talked about this case to one of our support team.
    Please contact our support team from here to make sure if you have received the reply and solution. They are happy to assist you on the phone or support ticket.

Because this topic is included your contact, unfortunately we can't answer details in the community. I apologize for any inconvenience caused. Hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuri

• Hello

I have the same problem. My id is ***Personal Information Removed***

I need to desactivete a device beacuause I both à nem computer and one of devices on the liste d'ont work anymore

thanks for unlock me

Jean-Pierre

• Yuri_T

Hi @jpfernandez ,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately we can't deactivate your license via the community.
    Please read this article so that you can find the way to deactivate your license.

For further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.

All the best,
    Yuri

• I have asked 3 times for help resetting this 10 logins catastraphe, but I have yet to get a response from TeamViewer support. So for 3 plus days now, I haven't been able to use TV for supporting my users. 

SMH

• Dear @Reyhan!

We have the same problem, I can't deactivate one of the three devices.

Can you change the moves up? One of the computers went wrong.

Thanks,

• deel07
    deel07 Posts: 1

Hello,

I have a business license and I have also the same issue, the button "deactivate device" doesn't work. It says "No license moves left". Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

• I have the same issue with my account. I just reinstalled my pc and it didn't accept any trial for activation