failed to upgrade business license "invalid license number"

gabi123
gabi123 Posts: 8
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi,

I recently upgraded my business license to 13 , i got the invoice  , i upgraded Team on my pc to v13 and i got "trial". 
I wrote a ticket #XXX6609 on 5.12.2018 bot nothing happened, nobody answered. I wrote mail tu support, sent log , etc ... same nothing 
Today trial expired , i'm in great luck with extra 7 trial days , 

Some details: 
Extras /Check for license updates...www...client.CheckForLicenseUpdate / Your current products: 1x TeamViewer 13 Business
Extras / Activate license / Legacy / License code / the license number is invalid

Can i get help to activate my 13, please ? 

Best Answer

Answers

• What can I say , the problem magically solved !

I asure you that i tried to follow activation intructions on your site and i got "invalid code" or something. Of course i was logged on my account.

On my PC i have done many log out/log in operatons with no result until your response

Thanks very much for solving my problem , but i remain convinced than was a problem in your serves or a big dellay to update ugprade code.. Big dissapointment on your ticketing service

• Josh_Winn
    Josh_Winn Posts: 1

I had a a similar problem, so I'll share what worked in case anyone else is searching.

Apparently, the license was already activated (I had clicked the link before and the license was already tied to my account via the web browser management interface). When things weren't working in the TeamViewer PC app ("trial period ended"), I tried clicking the link in email and got the "invalid license number" error.

The problem was that my PC application wasn't linked correctly to my account, even though it was in the list (the only thing in the list) in the management web interface. I removed my PC from the device list there, then closed the PC app (fully - so it's not even running in the background), then opened it and logged back in. This connected the PC app, and it again shows up in my device list with the problem solved.

Hope this saves someone else some headaches!