how to import and export computers ?

sic
sic Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

i need to edit settings all of my more than 100 computers

doing this through aplication is nightmare

how to do export and import setings of my computers?

Comments

• Supertramp
    Supertramp Posts: 21

Hi @sic

TeamViewer offers multiple integration possibilities with the platform, the most flexible is the one that involves the implementation of a set of APIs developed by them.

Here's a compendium on the features that are out there: what you are looking for is the device manipulation tool with API

Obviously, you need to have knowledge in terms of software development; As a REST web api, the exchange protocol is HTTP so accessible to most programming languages.

Also the Web Management Console (go to www.teamviewer.com -> login -> and log in) can also offer you some opportunities, but probably related only to data export and not massive or automated manipulation.

I hope it's helpful.

Regards

The real programmer does not interpret dreams. Just compile them
  • yurokings
    yurokings Posts: 1

@Supertramp wrote:

Hi @sic

TeamViewer offers multiple integration possibilities with the platform, the most flexible is the one that involves the implementation of a set of APIs developed by them.

Here's a compendium on the features that are out there: what you are looking for is the device manipulation tool with API

Obviously, you need to have knowledge in terms of software development; As a REST web api, the exchange protocol is HTTP so accessible to most programming languages.

Also the Web Management Console (go to www.teamviewer.com -> login -> and log in) can also offer you some opportunities, but probably related only to data export and not massive or automated manipulation.

I hope it's helpful.

Regards

Here
    's a compendium on the features that are out there: what you are looking for is the device manipulation tool with API

Thanks for sharing!

I solved my problem, now.

• I totally agree with you @sic .This should be as a function in program! :manhappy:

• hortywv
    hortywv Posts: 1

Absolutely this should be a basic function of the software.  You charge big prices for your software.  This is poor functionality for 2017 Version 12 of a product from your company

• I agree... This should be a part :smileyhappy: of the program in 2018 ... :manhappy:

• I too feel that this is a pretty basic feature missing from TV. Deployment and endpoint management are sorely dated and lacking. I only have a few hundred machines under management, I can't imagine how people do it with thousands.
    1. Start Internet Explorer
    2. On the File menu, click Import And Export and then click Next
    3. Click Export Favorites and then click Next.
    4. Click Favorites and then click Next.
    5. Type the name of the file that you want to export the favorites to. By default, the export file is named Bookmark.htm.
    6. Click Next and then click Finish.
    7. Use the Bookmarks Converter tool to import the Bookmark.htm file into Internet Explorer on Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4.0, or Windows 2000:smileywink:
  • Xant0
    Xant0 Posts: 1

I agree totally as I have 12 and I am ok with it but they seem to not have anything like exporting and importing and such. I'm starting to look at other remote tools/support software.

I've been with them since 2011 and since there have been a ton of new options since and I hate having to spend an arm/leg to upgrade if I want this or that when it should already be in place.

If anyone has figured out how to export/import the list please post. :)

Thanx

@TVHost_user wrote:
    I too feel that this is a pretty basic feature missing from TV. Deployment and endpoint management are sorely dated and lacking. I only have a few hundred machines under management, I can't imagine how people do it with thousands.

• joelrwhite
    joelrwhite Posts: 7 ✭✭

yeah it's amazing how many terrible powershell scripts are out there for querying the teamviewer id's installed on systems.