Posted by d3x0r
Henagon

mac remote doesn't respect swapped control&command keys

I have a Mac Mini I recently got; To make it easier to deal with, I reversed the control and command keys in settings on the mac.  When I use a keyboard local to the mac, control-Key works just fine as command-key used to.  and vice versa (for example ending a console program with command-c now instead of control-c; or saving a document with ctrl-S instead of command-S)

However, when I connect to the mac through teamviewer (from windows), the keys are still mapped so control is control and command (windows-key) is command.  It doesn't respect the reversed settings in the keyboard.

(png image of mac keyboard settings)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bsMhMBa1EtZ6sh5L-bdQ85Jy7vNQ_xPv

Tried to attach the image inline but the above as a image source didn't work.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by d3x0r
Henagon

Re: mac remote doesn't respect swapped control&command keys

Maybe there could be an opton to rebind control and command keys for teamviewer?  This would allow teamviewer to make my experience more consistent across all remotes.  So maybe it's good that the keyboard settings don't apply.

Posted by Felicity
Electron

you can go to the settings of your keyboard and allow to Ctrl+C or Ctrl+V as well and not only Cmd+C and Cmd+v. then you will no longer have this problem.

Posted by d3x0r
Henagon

Please be more explicit.

Keyboard settings on (which system?) (in temamviewer? I didn't find any?)

Posted by Felicity
Electron

on your mac. By default your machine accepts the cmd+C but you can set a custom keyboard shortcut so that it also accepts the ctrl+c.
This of course does not include the TV but is a small trick so that you don't have to be confused with which one to click.

Posted by d3x0r
Henagon

I find behavior is pretty consistent... ctrl-w ctrl-s, ctrl-N ctrl-t ... all also work when they get swapped.

Just maks aborting a terminal task using command-c the off-case which is OK.  I can live with that... ctrl-break would also be acceptable.( probably command break on a mac with reversed keys)

Well... again, if teamviwer can't just use what the individual map is; it would still be (even more) useul to have those settings in teramvewier; OH I see you want per-key-combinations settings also?