only LAN connections available when connecting to internet via iphone hotspot

ckershaw
ckershaw Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

hi, when i try to use TV on my laptop whilst connected to internet via iphone hotspot i get the message "only LAN connections are available" even though i'm connected to the internet. (posting this on the same internet connection) 

TV works fine on my home wifi and when using a mobile internet dongle.

i've seen some replies about similar topics and it says to change the setting in the allow LAN connections in the settings menu, but its greyed out and i cant change any settings.

TV used to work with the iphone hotspot without an issue but now it doesn't.

i've just tried my andriod device and get the same issue, iphone and android are on the same network (o2) but my dongle is on a different (3) network.

i've got a good signal and 4g connection.

any ideas?

Comments

• buluho
    buluho Posts: 3

I have a similar issue and my hotspot cannot get my Teamviewer to connect to internet, showing "only lan connections are possible", even though I am accessing the internet successfully. I tried many things from update to setting options and firewall, all didnt work. 

Eventually I reset my WIFI and hotspot network completely, both going airplane mode and back, and it worked. It seems to be a DNS contamination problem and Teamviewer is very conservative on this.