problem with teamviewer remote support 9.0.29947

twedda
twedda Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

I am currently having a problem with using Teamviewer remote support. I can no longer connect and getting a proxy error every time. What I need to know is what master server is it trying to connect to (masterXX.teamviewer.com ) so I can allow through the firewall/isa server.. It was working up until a week ago. not sure what has changed.

Thanks.

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @twedda

Thanks for your post.

Are you still experiencing the issues?

Did you try to whitelist *.teamviewer.com in your firewall?

I hope this helps. Otherwise please feel free to post again.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• twedda
    twedda Posts: 2

Hi Esther,

I have spoken to our network department. What I need to know is whta are the external ip address ranges for Teamviewer.

Thanks. 

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @twedda

Could you update your version to the latest TeamViewer version of v9?

Maybe this solves the issue already. Just check in your TeamViewer application under Help --> Check for new version and there you should see the latest version of v9 (and version 13 as well).

The TeamViewer network includes more than 200 servers. Communication with the master cluster is done through DNS names; communication with the TeamViewer servers (routing server and KeepAlive server) is done directly via IP addresses.

The servers are spread across the globe and located at large data centers. Their IP addresses are not organized in common subnets or IP ranges.

Due to the fact that we are continuously up scaling our server network as the number of TeamViewer user grows, it is not possible to publish a list of current IP addresses, because this list would be outdated very soon.

In order for TeamViewer to work properly, access to all TeamViewer servers has to be possible. The easiest way to achieve this is to open port 5938 (TCP) for outbound connections to any IP address or *.teamviewer.com.

Thanks and all the best,

Esther

Former Community Manager