Posted by MattH
Photon

record incomming session

Is is possible to record an INCOMMING session with the TV client?  We have a vendor connecting in next week to show us some new features of their software and I want to record the session our end for training purposes and so I have a visual log of what they did on our systems..  I know I can use it if I initiate a connection but can I do it as a recipient?

If not I'll use Camista or something.

9 Replies
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: record incomming session

Hi MattH,

Thanks for posting!

Unfortunately, we do not currently have a feature to record an incoming session, only when connecting to another device.

I am sorry for any hassle.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Posted by wex
Electron

How do I record it when I give someone else access to MY desktop and I want it recorded

How do I record it when I am the client, I.e. when I give someone else access to MY desktop and I want it recorded!!

Highlighted
Posted by TechGuy56
Tetragon

Re: How do I record it when I give someone else access to MY desktop and I want it recorded

Unfortunately as you found out, you can't record an incoming connection. What you can do is ask them to record the session and then share the recording with you This can be done easily using DropBox or a similar service. I hope that helps!

Mike Crabill
2 Replies
Posted by wex
Electron

Re: How do I record it when I give someone else access to MY desktop and I want it recorded

Its not good options then ...but TECH guys must think about this vital issue in TV and solve it as soon as possible.

Posted by wex
Electron

Its not good options then ...but TECH guys must think about this vital issue in TV and solve it as soon as possible.

Why should one person depend on others regarding recording files.

Posted by TechGuy56
Tetragon

It may not be the best option, but when you are loking for a solution and no other is currently available, at least it can be considered to solve the problem, for the current situation. His other option is to use a screen capture utility like Snap 10 or similar program. It would be best if Teamviewer would add this capability to their program, but it lookslike they have their reasons for not doing it so far.

Mike Crabill
Posted by Technology
Photon

Is there anyway we can request this as a feature in the next Teamviewer version update? This is EXTREMELY useful for monitoring work done by external suppliers on our servers.

Posted by TechGuy56
Tetragon

Probably the best thing to do is submit your request or suggestion to the idea board and their idea site.

Idea board: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Ideas/We-want-your-ideas/m-p/1225#M92

site: https://ideas.teamviewer.com/

I hope that helps!
TechGuy56

Mike Crabill
Posted by michaelnydegger
Digon

This is a workaround! We've done it via a "jumphosts". The external person/company connects to this jumphost and can connect to the target host through the TV on that jumphost.

Steps (not every detail. Just the main idea):

• Create a VM in your own infrastructure with TVFull installed = jumphost
  • Create rule which force the recording on this jumphost. We also added a whitelist to only give access to the external company's TV user account.
  • User which allows access to a group (TV Management Console). In this group the target system must be placed
  • The recording needs special rights. (no deletion), because the files are written with the user which is logged in. Otherwise the user can delete the recording and we don't want him/her to delete it. We've created a script which copies all the recordings to another place every night. In that way the recordings can only be viewed by an administrator.

It's a bit more complicated than written above. If someone is really interested I can post more details. Please write me.

I hope TV integrates a incoming recording as soon as possible. And maybe write on the actual product description that it is only a outgoing recording and not incoming.