teamviewer portable - no random password after restart

teamvie5675
teamvie5675 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Im using team viewer portable, so no unattended access passwords with this.

I want the password to remain the same each time I open and close teamviewer and/or restart my computer.

At the moment, it eeps giving me a new password each time. I do not want this. The setting in advanced options is per session. I need it so that it never changes. Period.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi teamvie5675

Thanks for posting.

The password on the front of the software always changes as it is a random password. This is true both of the full version and TeamViewer portable.

Long story short, the password on the front of the application cannot be made to stay the same and this is intentional.

You would need to set a personal password by exporting a reg file and keeping it in the same folder.

See our Knowledgebase article on this

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • teamvie5675
    You would need to set a personal password by exporting a reg file and keeping it in the same folder.

I did not believe the portable version uses the registry at all, as you believe otherwise, please provide instructions on how to do this. Thanks!
  • teamvie5675

I did not believe the portable version uses the registry at all, as you believe otherwise, please provide instructions on how to do this. Thanks!

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi teamvie5675,

Sorry I meant .ini, not .reg.

The portable most definitely can use the registry.
    Open TeamViewer.ini and change nosave=1 to nosave=0

It will then use the registry and it is possible to save a password.

However just note the portable version is still not designed for unattended access.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • teamvie5675

Hi,

So now the software writes to the registry.... How can I solve my original question?