when typing remote keys like space / shift / symbol keys not working

Using a mac to remotely access  a windows computer and keys like . or spacebar or any non-letter / number key aren't working except delete key and i.have to use on screen keyboard . Any suggestion?

Tagged:

Comments

• dwyere
    dwyere Posts: 16 ✭✭

I submitted this feedback to Teamviewer as well while testing out the Beta. Same scenario - OS X 10.12 to Windows 10 Build 1607. Anything that requires the use of the shift key does not seem to work.

--
    I am not associated with TeamViewer in any way, and all comments are strictly my personal views and opinions.
  • PeteMc
    PeteMc Posts: 5 ✭✭

I just sent them a note as well.  On the Windows 10 machines the number pad does not seem to be working for numbers.  Just the cursor commands (Enter may work, but didn't try it.)

• Marie-Claude
    Marie-Claude Posts: 1

Have this problem also, but not on the Beta version.

I don't know why or how, but I was able to bypass the problem.

I closed TeamViewer completely on my Mac.  Then I accessed my account through the Teamviewer management console in Safari.  I was asked to autorize the opening of the Teamviewer app and I did.  And after I reconnected to the Windows computer through the app, all keys on my Mac keyboard were working in Windows.

Hope this helps!

• This worked for me to 

I have noticed that if I press home in TeamViewer the spacebar and the rest of the modifier keys don't work 

The mentioned method works

• JedenTag
    JedenTag Posts: 38 ✭✭

I use several remote methods from a Windows 10 computer. When I switch between TeamViewer, Remote Desktop, Hyper-V, my numlock.will toggle on and off.

I have not had any problems with my keys not working on remote systems.

• Hmm, I tried that and it didn't work for me. I'm accessing a PC from a mac. I'm using the PC for a 3d program called Cinema 4D. This software works with a lot of shortcuts. E.g. Press 3 and drag the mouse around and you can rotate your scene. I am unable to do this using Team Viewer. I've turned 'Send key combinations' on and off, I've restarted on both ends, I've even logged into the app from a browser. Nothing works so far.

• lemonface
    lemonface Posts: 1

Did you ever find a solution? I'm tring to use teamviewer from my Macbook Pro to connect to a windows 10 machine running Cinema 4D and Octane and I've run into this same issue. I can't use the 1,2,3 buttons to navigate my scene.

• I'm having the same issues! did you work it out?

@lemonface wrote:

Did you ever find a solution? I'm tring to use teamviewer from my Macbook Pro to connect to a windows 10 machine running Cinema 4D and Octane and I've run into this same issue. I can't use the 1,2,3 buttons to navigate my scene.

• geversit
    geversit Posts: 2 ✭✭

Wow, this post from more than 5 years ago made my day! I was suffering the same problem and resolved now! Thx Marie-Claude.